·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look up a SOLSTICE in dictionary and there it was:

Main Entry: sol·stice
Pronunciation: 'säl-st&s, 'sOl-, 'sol-
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin solstitium, from sol sun + -stit-, -stes standing; akin to Latin stare to stand -- more at SOLAR, STAND
1 : either of the two points on the ecliptic at which its distance from the celestial equator is greatest and which is reached by the sun each year about June 22d and December 22d
2 : the time of the sun's passing a solstice which occurs about June 22d to begin summer in the northern hemisphere and about December 22d to begin winter in the northern hemisphere

I think that this is the clue from GM "June 22d" or "December 22d"????? :willy:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
hehehe good try autosol, but a lot of us have already speculated the Summer Solstice as a hopeful delivery date. We're all still hoping though. :D

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I believe that GM will pull something out of that hat... no comment.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
brentil said:
hehehe good try autosol, but a lot of us have already speculated the Summer Solstice as a hopeful delivery date. We're all still hoping though. :D

GM is still scheduling big promos the week of June 22. Can't believe they won't get some of the EOP cars out by then. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
There has to be someone in marketing at GM who has realized the merit of getting the Sol out on the Summer Solstice. GM would be missing the marketing ploy of the decade if they missed this one. It may be wishful thinking but I look for my Sol to be ready for me to pick up at my dealer on the Summer Solstice.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Miata Man said:
There has to be someone in marketing at GM who has realized the merit of getting the Sol out on the Summer Solstice. GM would be missing the marketing ploy of the decade if they missed this one. It may be wishful thinking but I look for my Sol to be ready for me to pick up at my dealer on the Summer Solstice.
That would be cool, I wonder when GM will officially announce it, the wait is killing me.

·
Registered
600 Posts
If the June 21st date is slipped; I hope it gets here no later than my birthday, July 10th. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
autosol said:
I look up a SOLSTICE in dictionary and there it was:

Main Entry: sol·stice
Pronunciation: 'säl-st&s, 'sOl-, 'sol-
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin solstitium, from sol sun + -stit-, -stes standing; akin to Latin stare to stand -- more at SOLAR, STAND
1 : either of the two points on the ecliptic at which its distance from the celestial equator is greatest and which is reached by the sun each year about June 22d and December 22d
2 : the time of the sun's passing a solstice which occurs about June 22d to begin summer in the northern hemisphere and about December 22d to begin winter in the northern hemisphere

I think that this is the clue from GM "June 22d" or "December 22d"????? :willy:
WTF??? :crazy:

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
The date is set

I just got an email from GM today which stated they plan on starting production 5-16-05 and they should arrive at the dealers 6 to 8 weeks later.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
kenf said:
I just got an email from GM today which stated they plan on starting production 5-16-05 and they should arrive at the dealers 6 to 8 weeks later.
You mentioned that in another thread too. Are you a dealer kenf to be getting those types of emails?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts