Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of people are speculating about delivery times for those who placed orders early. I just got my order in yesterday. Any idea what my delivery time might be? November? March?

I know it's just speculation at this point, but I'm just curious.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Detroit_Doc said:
I know a lot of people are speculating about delivery times for those who placed orders early. I just got my order in yesterday. Any idea what my delivery time might be? November? March?

Congrats on your new Solstice.
It may be a long wait.With the good Lord Willing you may see it in 6 months.
Most of us have ordered the first day we could. We are 3 months ahead of you. And thay have sold around 9000 allready.
The wait will be worth it .

·
Registered
535 Posts
Detroit_Doc said:

I wish I had a crystal ball! LOL
The first allocation cars most likely won't be delivered until after Oct. but you never know. If I can't get mine by October I don't want it until April! :)

·
5,641 Posts
Detroit_Doc said:

Welcome.

It is hard to speculate when any one order may be recieved. While there is a reported 9,000 units already ordered as sold, not all of them may be in front of you.

What matters is where you stand at your dealership. Production spots are distributed (allocated) to dealerships by GM. Some dealers are reported to have already sold more then their first four month of production allocation (the only number dealers have seen). So a buyer who ordered from them yesterday would be way behind someone who may have ordered yesterday from a dealer who still had availibility in their allocation.

If you are curious, you need to ask your dealer how many cars they are allocated so far and where you stand in their priority list. That will help give you (and us) a better basis to make an prediction (w.a.g.) on when you may get the car.

Hang in there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
delivery?

new ad on Yahoo home page showing the Solstice and the G6 coupe. both to be available "summer 2005". Someone knows something and is not telling or the ad company is clueless.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did ask them about their allocation. They said they were allocated 22, and I am the 17th order.

It probably doesn't matter if I'm in the first or second allocation. I live in the Detroit area, so whether I take delivery in December or April it's not a big deal. I probably wouldn't be able to drive it too much in the winter anyway.

They are all over here in the Detroit area. I swear GM must have given every one of their employees one to drive. I've probably seen 30+ on the road. In fact, right after I put my order in, I drove home next to a black one. It made me second guess ordering silver.

Any idea how long I should wait before trying to get a build date from the dealer?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Wow, 30 of 'em. Can't wait to see one out here in NJ (preferably in my driveway :lol: )

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
.. seeing them (cruising on the expressway, top down) just makes the wait even more painfull. I've seen them, they're beautiful, why can't I have mine now?!? :willy: aaaggh

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Detroit_Doc said:
I did ask them about their allocation. They said they were allocated 22, and I am the 17th order.

It probably doesn't matter if I'm in the first or second allocation. I live in the Detroit area, so whether I take delivery in December or April it's not a big deal. I probably wouldn't be able to drive it too much in the winter anyway.

They are all over here in the Detroit area. I swear GM must have given every one of their employees one to drive. I've probably seen 30+ on the road. In fact, right after I put my order in, I drove home next to a black one. It made me second guess ordering silver.

Any idea how long I should wait before trying to get a build date from the dealer?
You can defeintely tell your in Detroit area. 22 cars is the new highest allocation number we've heard for any dealership across all of the USA.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They claimed they are the second largest Pontiac dealer in the US. It's Somerset Pontiac GMC in Troy, MI. Hopefully they aren't fibbing about their allocation numbers. Maybe I'll call a different sales person and see if they give me the same number.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just called and spoke with a different sales person. They told me they were allocated 39 cars for the first 4 months, and they have already exceeded those orders. He also said they were allocated 60 cars for the second allocation and their orders also exceed that allocation.

Hmmm... sounds like the first sales person may have been lying to me. Maybe I should consider getting another order in with another dealer.

·
5,641 Posts
Detroit_Doc said:
I just called and spoke with a different sales person. They told me they were allocated 39 cars for the first 4 months, and they have already exceeded those orders. He also said they were allocated 60 cars for the second allocation and their orders also exceed that allocation.

Hmmm... sounds like the first sales person may have been lying to me. Maybe I should consider getting another order in with another dealer.

Keep in mind that there hasn't been a second allocation. The only numbers the dealers have seen are the first four month allocation. I also find the 39 units to be a little high, perhaps. Almost more then double any report here on this site.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just placed order yesterday

Just placed order yesterday. Was told i'm in the second allocation, probably delivery time Spring 2006. This dealer has 4 first 1000 cars, and 12 first allocation, in Plymouth, MI.

I am in Detroit area but Only saw one black Solstice on road weeks ago. Really cool.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
brentil said:
You can defeintely tell your in Detroit area. 22 cars is the new highest allocation number we've heard for any dealership across all of the USA.
Dang! And I thought my dealers 11 was unbelievable.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Doc, stick with them for now. Maybe poke around with the sales manager or GM and see what he's got to say.

Do you have a deadline you need the car by? If not sit tight and we all should have a better idea of delivery once they start production.

If they are 2nd largest dealer they could have a high # allocated (but maybe the 60 is pushing it :lol: )

·
Registered
285 Posts
Detroit_Doc said:
They claimed they are the second largest Pontiac dealer in the US. It's Somerset Pontiac GMC in Troy, MI. Hopefully they aren't fibbing about their allocation numbers. Maybe I'll call a different sales person and see if they give me the same number.
Hey Detoit_Doc, I also received that inital allocation number from Somerset Pontiac. I was told that I was number 9 in their allocation.

Funny I just took delivery of an H3, so have been out of the Solstice loop for a while. Hit the website then saw another one on the road (silver). Man, it sure doesn't look like a 20K car. Personally I think it looks better then the Boxster let alone anything in its price range.

·
Registered
120 Posts
delivery/production meeting?

went to my dealer today and talked to a salesman who was clueless. The only thing he knew was that there was a meeting/conference tomorrow to discuss production/ delivery of Solstices. small Dealer any feedback on this?

·
Registered
72 Posts
brentil said:
Galloway in Ft Myers told me their 1st allocation was 30 cars. They claimed to be the largest in FL etc. I was told that I'm second allocation and to expect March delivery. This was told to me April 30 by the GM. In talking about the business, he said he had been in it twenty-five years. He seemed credible and knowledgable.

I'd sure like to see some more photos of the cars that seem to be test driven everywhere but in south FL. These sighting reports are driving me :crazy:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts