• Male

Votes: 118 89.4%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread we were curious as to the demographics on the forum. So here is a poll to see what we have. In particular, we were wonder what the ratio of men to women are. So that is what I have focused on in particular. :) Thanks for playing!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Since I figure this poll is a result of one of my questions, I'll be the first to vote!

Thanks for starting it up, I'm still too timid to run my own poll! :willy:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dengel said:
Since I figure this poll is a result of one of my questions, I'll be the first to vote!

Thanks for starting it up, I'm still too timid to run my own poll! :willy:
Thanks for kicking it off. Business is already brisk. 8 votes already! :cool:

It was a good idea to suggest the idea too, since we haven't done these polls since our member count has taken off with the EOP program! We'll see who we are really attracting! :)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Think it likely that this pole will only reflect the number of women that are the type to go to a car forum. Sitting around, talking about cars, is traditionally a "guy thing". A lot more women will go out and buy and drive the car without even considering joining an Internet forum first.

·
Registered
275 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Think it likely that this pole will only reflect the number of women that are the type to go to a car forum. Sitting around, talking about cars, is traditionally a "guy thing". A lot more women will go out and buy and drive the car without even considering joining an Internet forum first.
aaaaaand because hes right, there goes the poll!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have always considered the Solstice to be a macho looking car unlike the Miata which I think men look wimppy in.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DreamerDave said:
Very true, and the results are about what I expected (41-4 in favor or makle). This poll was just to drive the point home! :smash:

;)

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Sitting around, talking about cars, is traditionally a "guy thing". This poll was just to drive the point home! -Fformula88

I just want a trunk big enough to drive home all my Barbie dolls. :lol:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Is this in response to the chick car comment?

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
If I were to name a sports car, I'd chose Valkyrie. Not necessarily because of its meaning, but because I like how it sounds, and think it sounds appropriate for a sports car. Maybe that is because the Air Force used to have a supersonic bomber prototype by the same name. By the dictionary, a Valkyrie is a female spirit who brings souls of slain warriors to Valhalla. Of course, using that definition may fit the car in that it has sleek, curving lines. However, it could make people think its a "chick car" too. (The horror!) - Fformula88
I think it all began with the name game.
See the poll: "do you like the name Solstice?"

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope, it wasn’t in relation to the name thread. I had mentioned in another thread about the forum being visited predominantly by male members. The following discussion wondered whether that was really a true statement, since there is no real way to tell gender based on a post unless someone says what their gender was. So I did a quick poll to find out for certain!

:)

·
Registered
600 Posts
I thought most respondants would be male. Not many females are obsessed with autos as males are. My daughters are an exception. Cars first, boyfriends later.....hopefully.

·
Registered
100 Posts
DreamerDave said:
I have to add my two cents.. First, I am cute, and girlie as we come. Yes, it is a "guy thing" to join this forum, but I can not tell you how much I have learned about cars from all of you! Also, I like to keep ahead of the game with all of the info posted here daily. I am getting one of the first 1000 and would like to think it is because I read this forum and am much more aware of the whole proccess. :grouphug: Although you all are very interesting to talk to, I have to say I will remain a girlie girl, even being a member on the forum. I think that if more women were to join they would not feel intimidated when it comes to car buying, you all have a wealth of information available. Lisa age 28 in Tucson

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hojopa said:
Maybe we are a little less likely to vote and let you know it, :cool: , but we're here

(Female)
Its a private poll. We won't know who you are until you post and tell us! ;) :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts