Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I made my regular weekly call to my dealership this morning, and of course there was no update on the status of my car. So I asked my salesman if he could call the trucking company to see if I was scheduled for delivery yet. He calls me back about 2 hours later. I ask him "So do you have any good news for me?" and he says "Actually I do. Your car just rolled off the truck. Its here." :willy:

I couldn't believe it!! Finally. Ran right down to get the paperwork done, but I won't be able to pick the car up until Wednesday morning (combination of needing time to finish the financing and some personal stuff on my schedule). Paid MSRP, even though I had to push a little to ensure I got the price protection on the September price increases (Thanks Small Dealer for the background info on this). I also added Lojack for $695.

MSRP is $24,675, + another $695 for the Lojack, but - $1,000 in GM Card Earnings. . Total out the door, with tax, tags, etc. is $26,095.20.

Man were there a ton of those quality inspection stickers on the windshield! I sure hope there won't be any leaks. And I'll probably put it to the test right away, as I think there is rain in the forecast for wednesday, when I am scheduled to pick up the car.

Well, I'll let you know how the car is once I finally pick it up. For now I need to call my credit union and wrap up the financing!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Most excellent. Congrats, get out and drive it next couple of days in nice weather.

Did you see my post over in northeast forum. I saw the car carrier this morning!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
It's about time!!!!!! :lol:

Awesome! Have fun!

:party:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
dengel, awesome news. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Congratulations, is great you finally got it, enjoy the ride. :party:

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Yes! Best wishes! :party:

Enjoy the ride, and don't forget to share the experience with those of us "waiters". :yesnod:

--Chemist

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mceb said:
Did you see my post over in northeast forum. I saw the car carrier this morning!
I think I was already out the door and on my way to the dealership by the time you made the post. :lol:

Once again, I gave the guys at the dealership a chuckle with how fast I got there after the cars arrived.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Congratulations,:party:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Woo Woo!

Dengel, I'm sooooooo happy for you. Been following your posts forever here and can't be happier for you. Hope it's everything you wanted it to be. :cheers:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey girl goooo get um... ;)
Kim Morrill's wife, Anne here! Now you don't have any excuse for not coming to Watkins Glen in April '06. And hubby says your welcome to a spot at our cabin. Keep in touch! Anne

·
5,600 Posts
Congratulations after a long, long wait. So, how do you feel?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats!

Man, this is great! You're now the 4th person tonight that I've congratulated for getting their Sol! It looks like things are finally moving now.

Hmm. Could Vin #4126 be next? PLLEEAASSE! Please let me be next!

Congrats again and here's to some top down weather for you! :party:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
What a start to the week! Way to go Dengel. :cheers:

Hope the weather holds, but I was able to log some decent miles top down, windows up, heat cranking

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Congratulations, d! The long wait is finally over. Keep us posted on your first driving experience. :party:

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
way to go dengel...we're rocking on the forum now !!!
Druid gets Merlin TODAY !!!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Congratulations! Always good to see a long-time Forum member (and fellow Hilton Head participant!) get one of these beauties. I'm sure we'll be hearing those magic words from you soon: "It was worth the wait!" ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts