Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to list my Solstice for sale on both sites with a reserve of 25k. Both denied the listing because the price is to high. The reserve they wanted on the coupe was 14,000. No thanks!

2009 Solstice Coupe-17.JPG

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Agree with your price. Use eBay and the forums.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Your post doesn't contain enough information to estimate price, but those are auction sites, not buy it now sites. If you want $25k, list it somewhere for $25k.

·
Premium Member
3,858 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,175 Posts
JohnWR What does that mean? This isn't the type of professional behavior I & others expect from a forum administrator.
Many forum members, myself included on occasion, post without reading (or maybe registering) much of the content that preceeds their post. Read almost any thread and you will see questions about things that have already been answered, sometimes in the post immediately before theirs, and statements that otherwise show that the poster was not aware of what had come before them.

Given that we have all done it, I consider it "high expectations" to think that it isn't going to happen with some regularity. If you think it necessary, or better yet if he thinks it is necessary, I will apologize to @RedOne07 for poking fun at his post.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Many forum members, myself included on occasion, post without reading (or maybe registering) much of the content that preceeds their post. Read almost any thread and you will see questions about things that have already been answered, sometimes in the post immediately before theirs, and statements that otherwise show that the poster was not aware of what had come before them.

Given that we have all done it, I consider it "high expectations" to think that it isn't going to happen with some regularity. If you think it necessary, or better yet if he thinks it is necessary, I will apologize to @RedOne07 for poking fun at his post.
John, your poking was at my expense. You know it & I know it. This isn't the first time you have insulted me, nor do I expect this to be the last time you do it since you have established a pattern in doing so. I make mistakes, and I admitted it when it is pointed out to me. I have even asked you to block me in the past because it has become apparent to me (and a few others) that you don't like me.

I"m very sorry to the forum for making these remarks public. I will say nothing further here.

·
Premium Member
3,858 Posts
Did it have a reserve, and if so, what was it?
sorry... don't remember if there was a reserve or not. When I went to see the car a few years ago, the price was $60k.

·
Super Moderator
7,175 Posts
sorry... don't remember if there was a reserve or not. When I went to see the car a few years ago, the price was $60k.
I looked at BaT's website and found this about reserves:
A reserve is the minimum price that a vehicle will sell for. We work with sellers to set reasonable reserves, and avoid vehicles with reserves that are not realistic. Reserve values are not shown on the listing, nor do we announce when reserves have been met (we think that leads to bidding games).
So they either don't use their own sales to determine what they think is "reasonable" or there was something radically different about the two cars. They may also have a lot more auctions going on right now and so have pushed their "price" upward, think supply and demand where auction space is the supply.

They do make most of their money from the 5% buyer's premium, so it is definitely in their interest for every auction to end in a sale. The listing fee is $99 and they would get an additional $700 from a sale at $14k, making low reserves very important to them.

At the end of the day it is their site and they get to make the rules.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The $45k GXP coupe was also a manual, had never been registered, and had something like 47 miles on it. It was a museum piece.

I don't believe reserve is ever published on BaT, though often a seller may comment what it is.

·
Super Moderator
7,175 Posts
.........I don't believe reserve is ever published on BaT, though often a seller may comment what it is.
According to the item I quoted from their FAQ that is correct. (The not-published part. I did not see anything about putting it in a comment.)

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I have seen comments from the seller like "this car will be going to a new home today' or "getting close to reserve".
I check in to BaT every morning and usually get a half dozen texts every afternoon with "ending in 30 minutes" up-dates. Cheap entertainment!

·
Registered
45 Posts
that's bonkers. My solstice was just totaled out by my insurance company. 58K miles on it. 2008 GXP Mean Yellow Vert. only options it didn't have was the ashtray and the rear lip. They gave me just a tad under 20 for the car. which is about 10K more then what i paid for it 6 years ago, it had 25K on it then. These cars are going up in value. You are better off listing the thing on either This site or KappaPerformance.... You can also give Werks a call and speak with Dave, He might list it for you on his website for a small commission when it sells. It wouldn't hurt to ask. I would stick with posting it up on Solstice specific venues. The places that know what the value of the coupe really is.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The other thing is if you car is an automatic expect a lower price for it. There are Solstices that have been on the market for a year+ trying to sell them. I think there is an issue selling them possibly because they are an automatic and the price is marked higher then what a standard would get sold for.

You would have to do the research on this but If the car is an automatic it might be worth investigating how much it would cost to swap the tranny out with a manual. It could be worth doing, even more so if you can do the work yourself. I do know that the manual transmission ones sell faster and for more money. The coupe may offset a manual transmission. IDK.

I wouldn't buy an automatic solstice again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts