Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Des Moines Register Thursday 10-6-05 on the front page of the Business section is a picture of a Solstice on display at a dealer off Hickman road. Here is your chance to check it out in person if you have not seen one yet!! :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Do you know who it belongs to? I just assumed when they told me that they were getting one it black - that it was Bonnie's from WHO radio.

There is also a cool one still at Lauderbach's in Newton - but they are keeping it in the back as it belongs to someone that had an out of town emergency. They got a red one in as well as my sly Monday morning - I couldn't believe it - all 3 cars delivered.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be my guess also, Bonnie Lucus, I am going to go check it out tonight. Bonnie was on the Vin list as #44 so I will confirm it. Still have not seen one on the road, but from the sounds of it I might be soon.

·
Registered
210 Posts
SolPatch said:
That would be my guess also, Bonnie Lucus, I am going to go check it out tonight. Bonnie was on the Vin list as #44 so I will confirm it. Still have not seen one on the road, but from the sounds of it I might be soon.
I'll have to bring mine to DSM sometime soon! This weekend we are planning on going to NE Iowa to take in the Mississippi. Drive up to WI or MN.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pre-Production Car at Dealership

I went to Des Moines Pontiac dealer and they had a pre-production car a sales manager was driving on display. It had Michigan plates on it. They did however say that they received their 1 EOP car 10/6/05. Salesman said it was SLY.
The car was nice looking. I did see where someone had touched up the paint on the driver side door. It looks like the hood may have hit it. Salesman showed the top operation, pretty easy for a manual top.
Can't wait to get mine. Might be awhile as I'm number 4 in a 5 car allocation. I'm in no hurry though.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I wonder who in Des Moines got a sly - that's what I got ---- oh no this state isn't big enough for us both...... :willy: :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
hold up on that trip

Don't go till next week, the COOL colors will be out then. I hope to have mine and we are heading that way next week. Or this week end if the car gets here in time. We are from north central Iowa. :) :cool:

·
Registered
210 Posts
tbird54 said:
Don't go till next week, the COOL colors will be out then. I hope to have mine and we are heading that way next week. Or this week end if the car gets here in time. We are from north central Iowa. :) :cool:
I would love to wait until next weekend, but my husband has a work convention to go to all next weekend (in Wisconsin) arg....... so we are just doing a short overnight this weekend and hopefully again the weekend after next........

·
Registered
22 Posts
trees and colors

Those of us from Iowa need to stick together. I love the trees along the locks and dams this time of year. But I need to get my car! As soon as we get our car we will be heading that way.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sly Sol on Interstate 80 East of Newton

I was driving (the family car - sorry to say) from Cedar Rapids to Ankeny this Saturday (10/08/05) and saw a Sly headed East on 80. We were perhaps 40 miles East of Newton and it was about 11:30am. Was that you Morts01?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes it was

Del Solstice said:
I was driving (the family car - sorry to say) from Cedar Rapids to Ankeny this Saturday (10/08/05) and saw a Sly headed East on 80. We were perhaps 40 miles East of Newton and it was about 11:30am. Was that you Morts01?

That would have been us - we left Newton between 10:30 and 11:00 and was heading towards Davenport, then up to Wisconsin. We did run into a Fiero club in Illinois, some people were from Vinton. They knew of someone in the C.R. area w/a Sol - would that have been you.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.