Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bob Lutz states in his book that the customer is not always right. However, everyone at the Detroit introduction mentioned that they will listen to the customers. Everyone is comparing the price point and equipment on this car to those costing thousands more - leaving plenty of room for options. I think the car is awesome - drove four times in Detroit. However, there are some options that might be good additions in the future. Can we polls going for some of these - or more?

Sport package - leather shifter, leather steering wheel, LSD, GM performance exhaust, GM performance springs, and GM performance airbox. (Separate from any other forced induction option - but included when you get forced induction.)

integrated HomeLink

auto-dim mirror

sunglasses holder in lieu of third cupholder

specific shape - and logoed - luggage for the trunk

xenon headlights

Coupe

Cold-weather package - heated seats, removeable hardtop

I don't want to over-content the car - the base price is a great advertising and marketing item. Mini Coopers range from the teens to the over $30K and offers similar options.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
xfire305 said:
integrated HomeLink COOL THING TO HAVE FOR SURE, ESPECIALLY WITH THE SMALL VISOR ON THIS CAR.

specific shape - and logoed - luggage for the trunk THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!!! IF THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED ON THE "MORE STORAGE" THREAD I MISSED IT

xenon headlights WAY BETTER!! HAVE THEM ON MY MURANO --- AWESOME

Cold-weather package - heated seats, removeable hardtop NORMALLY NOT A BIG FAN OF HEATED SEATS, TOO HOT, BUT I AGREE IN A CONVERABLE WOULD BE VERY DESIREABLE.QUOTE]

Please see comments above in BOLD CAPS. Not yelling, just trying to make it easier to read as a reply.

Here's a few more....
How about an IPOD clip that holds your pod on the passenger hand rail?

An official Pontiac "for sure works" roof high antenna.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
man... imagine a perfect, crisp, cool 40 degree night in the winter... but you have your heated seats and heater blowing...

mmm.... I want HID (Xenon)

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
What the heck is a HomeLink?

How about a Sunglass holder on the drivers side? I like the third Cupholder. It's also a MP3 Player holder and a Cellphone holder. Just an idea.

·
Registered
905 Posts
1 - Hood Scoops, they'd have to good looking and actually being used to increase performance

2 - Small Spoiler, again it'd have to look good, but I think a small one would add some flair. Take the older Sunfires (pre-uglification in 2003), it looks so much more sporty with the spoiler then without.

·
Registered
767 Posts
stang said:
What the heck is a HomeLink?
HomeLink is a system installed on some vehicles that lets you program buttons in your car to open garage doors, etc. My last 3 cars have had this and its a real neat feature. Don't have to worry about where to stash your remote control, never needs batteries, very convenient. Those I've had consisted of a 3-button unit permanently mounted on the visor or roof. Each button can be programmed for a different remote.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
jimmyo said:
HomeLink is a system installed on some vehicles that lets you program buttons in your car to open garage doors, etc. My last 3 cars have had this and its a real neat feature. Don't have to worry about where to stash your remote control, never needs batteries, very convenient. Those I've had consisted of a 3-button unit permanently mounted on the visor or roof. Each button can be programmed for a different remote.
Where the hell am I going to put my garage door opener in the Solstice that's convinient... I don't want to hang it on the visor... that's annoying.

I want HomeLink. My mom had that on her Yukon Denali.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'd vote for the HomeLink. I'd also like to see an adjustable MP3 holder that would fit somewhere other than the cup holder. With passenger in the car I worry the cup holder might get broken.

Living in Iowa I'd certainly opt for a package that included heated seats and a hard-top. This will be my only car for awhile, (giving my Intrepid to my son once he gets a drivers license). Hopefully I won't have any problems for the next five years while I'm paying this thing off, or the son moves out, whichever comes first. ;)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fortimir said:
man... imagine a perfect, crisp, cool 40 degree night in the winter...
I've tried as hard as I can, but after all these years in Arizona I am unable to imagine a crisp, cool 40 (cool? in the deserts of Arizona, 40 is downright freezing cold) degree night.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
My Nissan Murano has the Homelink (3 buttons worth), auto night mirror, and compass all in the rear view mirror. It's a really sturdy unit too. I know from past history that mirror suppliers sell the same mirror to different companies as standard equipment, so this mirror should become standard on all the cars. If it's a Nissan exclusive mirror, then GM needs to copy it (legally of course). It's really great.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Editguy said:
Fortimir said:
man... imagine a perfect, crisp, cool 40 degree night in the winter... QUOTE]
I've tried as hard as I can, but after all these years in Arizona I am unable to imagine a crisp, cool 40 (cool? in the deserts of Arizona, 40 is downright freezing cold) degree night.
Awe come on, live a little. It's really fun!!! :) :cool: :) :cool: :) :cool:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Bonzo said:
My Nissan Murano has the Homelink (3 buttons worth), auto night mirror, and compass all in the rear view mirror. It's a really sturdy unit too. I know from past history that mirror suppliers sell the same mirror to different companies as standard equipment, so this mirror should become standard on all the cars. If it's a Nissan exclusive mirror, then GM needs to copy it (legally of course). It's really great.
:agree:

I have a Murano as well and the homelink is really nice!!! In fact I have been thinking about selling it because I have so much equity built up, but I really would miss it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Heated seats with the top down sounds really great! I'd pay extra for that. I also like the xenon headlights.

How about a transponder key? My daughter's Prius has one and it's really pretty cool. Just keep your key in your pocket and push the start button.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I figured out what I want - Airconditioned seats!

·
Registered
49 Posts
options

I go with xfire305. I have a Murano and it is great. auto dim mirror and home link. How much can that elimination save gm? Making a convertible owner hang their garage door opener on the visor is old school and bad advertising with todays crime rates.
The sports package would be a great add.

:)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Editguy said:
I figured out what I want - Airconditioned seats!
:agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
192 Posts
so right

Editguy said:
You are so right, Once it hits below 60 degrees and I am freezing.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yeah, and for some reason the vanity mirror is only on the drivers side of the car, and not the passenger. Like I'm going to let my wife drive it :lol:

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Power seats :brentil :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts