Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just used Armor All Interior Detailer spray. I sprayed some on a clean cotton cloth and applied to every surface except chrome and glass, then wiped it all clean with another soft cloth. Works like a charm. It took about an hour to do my interior as I used it on the leather seats, steering wheel and all the rubber weather proofing. I wiped the entire interior with another clean cotton towel and now the inside sparkles. Who says you have to use the more expensive cleaners?!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just used Armor All Interior Detailer spray. I sprayed some on a clean cotton cloth and applied to every surface except chrome and glass, then wiped it all clean with another soft cloth. Works like a charm. It took about an hour to do my interior as I used it on the leather seats, steering wheel and all the rubber weather proofing. I wiped the entire interior with another clean cotton towel and now the inside sparkles. Who says you have to use the more expensive cleaners?!
Thanks buddy...how do I award someone a trophy. A few have done this for me but I do not have a clue how to do this.

·
Super Moderator
7,547 Posts
Thanks buddy...how do I award someone a trophy. A few have done this for me but I do not have a clue how to do this.
If you look at the bottom left of any post (except your own) you will see this:

Capture.PNG

Clicking on the "Like" will add one to the post you click it for.

·
Super Moderator
16,397 Posts
I stopped using any Armoral products years ago when I found out it can leave a film on the surface that attracts and traps dirt. Also there are products that replace needed chemicals that evaporate over time and many also protect from UV damage. I personally use Adsms RVT treatment and interior detailer that returns the surfaces to factory condition. Remember to treat your rubber with dielectric grease or the product of your choice

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
With Rob as far as the Armor All stuff goes I use Lexol Leather Conditioner to clean and condition my seats and either Adams Interior Detail Spray or Lucas Slick Mist on the other stuff and Super Lube And Gummi-Pflege on the rubber components .

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Reactions: Saveaux

·
Registered
22 Posts
I stopped using any Armoral products years ago when I found out it can leave a film on the surface that attracts and traps dirt. Also there are products that replace needed chemicals that evaporate over time and many also protect from UV damage. I personally use Adsms RVT treatment and interior detailer that returns the surfaces to factory condition. Remember to treat your rubber with dielectric grease or the product of your choice
I've had similar problems with Armoral's interior stuff in the past as well on other cars...especially with the wipes.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I stopped using any Armoral products years ago when I found out it can leave a film on the surface that attracts and traps dirt. Also there are products that replace needed chemicals that evaporate over time and many also protect from UV damage. I personally use Adams RVT treatment and interior detailer that returns the surfaces to factory condition. Remember to treat your rubber with dielectric grease or the product of your choice
I have read all of the replies and comments from the knowledgeable crowd and appreciate the input. Since I already cleaned the interior with Armor All interior detailing liquid it is too late...but I will look into Adams RVT Treatment for the next time, Lexol to go over the seats, steering wheel, and dielectric grease for the rubber.👍. I thank all of you for your inut

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
I have read all of the replies and comments from the knowledgeable crowd and appreciate the input. Since I already cleaned the interior with Armor All interior detailing liquid it is too late...but I will look into Adams RVT Treatment for the next time, Lexol to go over the seats, steering wheel, and dielectric grease for the rubber.👍. I thank all of you for your inut
It is in fact too late! Additionally, I'm afraid your car's totaled. You might as well burn it. However some of us on this forum are here to help, soooo.....I guess I'll give you $1,000 for what's left of the car? As long as you drag it to me, in Colorado of course!

J/k, your interior will be fine. Maybe invest in a different product and just use it next.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
It is in fact too late! Additionally, I'm afraid your car's totaled. You might as well burn it. However some of us on this forum are here to help, soooo.....I guess I'll give you $1,000 for what's left of the car? As long as you drag it to me, in Colorado of course!

J/k, your interior will be fine. Maybe invest in a different product and just use it next.
The old joke never gets old lol

Reactions: Saveaux

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will use the Armor All products on my everyday use vehicles, but when it comes to our Solstice, I like to step it up a notch. 303 makes a good leather 3 in 1 product, interior detailed, rubber seal conditioner and protectant, and a good fabric top cleaner and protectant kit. I think it's worth the few extra bucks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts