Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came across this website, | Come join the knee draggin' excitement! which shows a really neat road just off of I-81.

I was hoping to meet up with a few of you in Buchanan, VA Monday night and on Tuesday, if some are interested, we can take this little side run on the way.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200026106688090961493.0004c20315d8c201c03c2&msa=0

Here is the actual route from the website:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200026106688090961493.0004c2034c242e0a26fae&msa=0&ll=36.97513,-81.517181&spn=0.318711,0.617294

It's a little bit of a risk because I can't find anything about the bear creek rd part of the route, but the rt 16 part is documented on the above website.

Bob

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
RT 16 back road

Can anybody get in touch with Bill Clinton He was in front of Me when I hit the Guard rail on Tuesday. I downloaded his Vedio but just alot of Pic's other people added couldn't find the Run Vedio . Please post if you have it. E-mail it to--------> [email protected] Thanks in Advance Bobby (aka) 1 LIL NDN

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Can anybody get in touch with Bill Clinton He was in front of Me when I hit the Guard rail on Tuesday. I downloaded his Vedio but just alot of Pic's other people added couldn't find the Run Vedio . Please post if you have it. E-mail it to--------> [email protected] Thanks in Advance Bobby (aka) 1 LIL NDN
Bobby...you hit the guard rail?...You and the car ok?

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Funny, I didn't know about the BOTD. For the past 10 years we travel down that way to visit my wife's family in Grundy. When I first met my wife I drove a BMW Z3 and she insisted on driving the Z3 down to her family's house, she drove me down the curviest roads I have ever been on. I had commented to her that the roads down there were hidden treasures.

Now we drive a minivan full of kids down to visit the In-Laws and I have to drive....If I don't drive I get sick as a dog. By the time we arrive, my knuckles are white and I am worn out from driving the curves.

Thanks for the info rmahoney...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In Asheville, I got a copy of Bill's video and I just uploaded it.

FILE0002 - YouTube

Here is my video from the same run, the turn where the crash happened is at about 6:25.

I hope everything is okay with your car now.

Bob

·
Registered
788 Posts
Accident happens at around 8:24 on the YouTube linked video. You can hear the contact of the car behind the camera car with the rail.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I for one would be interested in more details on the accident. The video does not make the road look particularly dangerous.
The video really flattens out your view. It was an uphill blind turn leading into a downhill switchback. There was a bit of gravel in the middle of the lane that I suspect one'lil hit the brakes on and skidded into the guardrail.

It's this turn here:

Back Of the Dragon - Google Maps

Bob

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Guard rail

I for one would be interested in more details on the accident. The video does not make the road look particularly dangerous.
Rob there was gravel on the turn and I didn't hit the brakes till I was broad-sliding on the Gravel . By that time it was to late to recover.You can hear my wheels slidding before the hit. The 1 LIL NDN couldn't Scalp the Guard Rail. The shop still has it in W.VA. Top and Windows were up ,I was keeping my :cool: w / the air on.

Not trying to Derail this thread, BUT does Anyone know if the pictures of Each Car from the Biltmore on Saturday June 23,2012 were posted and where.
Please E-mail me at---> [email protected] Now back to the regular Program

·
Registered
457 Posts
They still have your car? What's the hold up?

Biltmore pics not posted yet...

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts