1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hello, I doubt that car will go 155 mph, as one of my customers with our front clip that we make here provides better aero and downforce than what spo1 car does or will. To get to 155 takes a purpose built car in an electric car as it takes a lot of energy that will get used up very quickly. My customers car is a converted Fiero. The torqure that this electric fiero makes is absolutly stunning instantly. Heres some pics and video. Thanks Norm

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Yeah they can make all the outrageous claims they want but we can talk about it if it ever comes to market at all. I'd be surprised if we ever see it.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Wow, looks just like a Lotus. cool as hell but for that kind of dough, I'd rather have the real thing with 400hp. screw the environment!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, looks just like a Lotus. cool as hell but for that kind of dough, I'd rather have the real thing with 400hp. screw the environment!
Actually the looks are nice, but the ride height appears to be just weird. And it's really only 2 issues I have with electric otherwise I'd probably have one, I love the Tesla....

But, cost is still way high even with govt. credits. And I'm concerned with battery life, and if say they last 8-9 years(?), then what is the cost to replace them? I'd love to zip (actually quietly fly) up to the store for something, come home, and plug on in. I've got a 220 out in the garage for the welder that is perfect for plug in use as well. Would love to have a quiet sleeper that can easily do in the 3's to 60 and under 12 sec. 1/4", and never hit the gas station.

Taking a wrecked solstice coupe one day and making it into a fiero-like deal like Norm is showing would be very cool.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The ultimate aero ev sounded pretty good 4 years ago & nothing since. These electric supercars sure are pretty expensive tho. My wife recently got a Volt & she loves it so much she gave the Solstice to me!

I guess this is a sideways introduction, I'm SoSol's husband, I've got a 25k mi '07 gxp automatic. She never posted here much but I prob ought to make a new id for myself regardless.

In her defense, the Volt is very nice (which is understating it, actually), & while not a sports car in any way, the electric drive can change one's perception of ice (it's doing it to me & I consider myself a 'car guy'). I took a couple pictures this weekend & apologies in advance if all this is too far offtopic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts