Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove up to the GM HQ in Detroit today and they have two Solstice on display in the rotunda off Jefferson Ave. One is Cool and the other Aggressive
and they are both detailed to the "nine's" Lots of people gathered around checking them out.
Will try to get some pictures Friday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think they were in there for a commercial shoot that was supposed to take place today. I don't know if they ever did the filming since it was windy and cloudy most of the afternoon.

Yesterday they had an HHR and SSR in there. I saw them wheeling them out this morning.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yep, I am in Detroit for the 1000 event and spent quite a bit of time looking at them. These are the first cars I have seen in person and am quite impressed. As everyone has said over and over again, pictures just don't do this car justice.

The Cool was nice, but silver just isn't my color. I typically don't like red cars either but the Agressive was definitely a looker! Both cars seem to be pretty base, cloth seats, rubber steering wheel, no audio controls. The do have the polished wheels though. I agree that the car doesn't look bad in any color.

I think the red one had the rear end repainted as there were a few specs of trash in the paint and there were no badges on the rear...maybe someone had a little incident? :)

There was lots of activity around the cars this afternoon. Most people were either 1000 members here for the event (met a few forum members) or were just random people looking at the car. No one seemed to know what the car was and everyone seemed interested/impressed. Everyone couldn't believe when I told them the car starts at $20K. Didn't have the heart to tell them it would probably be a year before they can get one! Besides, I want them to go visit a Pontiac dealership to find that out...maybe they will drive out in a different Pontiac and the marketing will work! I really want this car to save Pontiac from extinction...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts