Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered my solstice on 4/15/05 at 3:20pm E.S.T,

My concerns:

1.) Seeing I was first to order from my dealership, I should be first in line to get one from there first allotment?? I just have a gut feeling I will get mine in February if I don't start to be more persistant.

2.) Per speaking with Cadillaccricket, should I even have ROM number yet?

3.) I keep hearing people who order after I did, and it makes me wonder if my dealership put in my order on April 15th or just took my deposit money and ordered the vehicle after they figured out how the program really worked.

Any advice or comments would be extremely helpfull as I have taken a back seat on this, cause I don't want to pester my Salesperson, but I honestly think some mis communication by all is going on, and I don't want to wait any longer than I have to.

P.S Rumor or Truth?? The first 1000 cars were not actually the first 1000 to put deposits down? Can someone clarify how the first 1000 were chosen? :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yikes! I'd call your salesperson and find out what is going on with your car. It sounds like you didn't get a first 1000 because no one from GM called you. Ask him/her where you are in their allocation. Did you put together an order with all the options you want?

The ROM is a VOM (Vehicle Order Management). This is the system where your car order is placed. GM picks up the orders from this system from each dealership and then builds the car. You should have a 6 character VOM number. Ask for a print out of your Vehicle Order Detail and Vehicle History. The Vehicle Order Detail will list all the options on the car you are ordering. The Vehicle History will tell you all the steps taken to order your car - including when it was put in the VOM system! This is key to find out if the dealer forgot about you! Link here to see the VOM sequence numbers. This will help you determine where the car is in the order/production cycle:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61885&postcount=5

For all of us who put money down years ago, it didn't mean anything. The Apprentice blew the first come/first serve concept out of the water. I guess you could call the first 1000 a lottery. In order to get one of the first 1000, you needed to camp at the dealership (like getting concert tickets) and make sure you were the first person entered into the dealer's "Apprentice Solstice Order" web-site. There were about 2800 dealers who signed up for the opportunity to order a first 1000 car on this web site. If your dealer didn't sign up for this promotion, they couldn't order one of the first 1000. The first 1000 orders accepted from this web site from all 2800 dealers entering the orders at 3pm eastern time on April 15 got one of the first 1000 Solstices.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
todd_raleigh said:
Yikes! Ask him/her where you are in their allocation. Did you put together an order with all the options you want?

I am, per my sales person, on their first allocation order, but I am not sure if that means I will get my first or what.

At the time I put the deposit down all options were clear and settled and I have only had a couple of conversations with my Salesperson since, but nothing new to report...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I would ask what priority you are in that first allocation. If you are priority 1, you will be the first from that dealership to get a car. If you are priority 2, the 2nd, etc. Ask for the Vehicle Order Detail and Vehicle History report from the VOM system. Your salesperson may not know how to do it, so you may have to ask the sales manager or the general manager.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The total allocation your dealer has will affect when you can expect your car.
If he only has one it will probably be around October before it is picked up. If he has four or more, his first one probably has been picked up.

Has anyone that is 2 or higher with their dealer been picked up? If so what is your dealers total allocation?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
winkowski said:
todd_raleigh said:
Yikes! Ask him/her where you are in their allocation. Did you put together an order with all the options you want?

I am, per my sales person, on their first allocation order, but I am not sure if that means I will get my first or what.

At the time I put the deposit down all options were clear and settled and I have only had a couple of conversations from my Salesperson since, who basically doesn't have any new news yet...
Listen to the toddmeister, dealers should have ordered all of their first allocation even if not presold. They would not want to lose an allocated car, even if they did not think they could sell it.

And the lottery such as it was relied on the Apprentice program promo and an id code garnered in the evening (for most of us) on 4/14. Notice the highest traffic to date on this forum was immediately after everyone got their Apprentice id and logged back in here to chat. Signups at the dealer through a special website began at 2:00 pm 4/15 on the east coast local time and whatever time that was wherever you are. There was even confusion at an area dealer that misunderstood 2 PM and thought it meant 3 due to daylight savings. All of the first 1000 were tagged within 41 minutes which included about 31 minutes of hang time because the system was overloaded. Talk about nailbite time.

All said and done, any order entered into GM's system will have a number, whether it has been picked for building or not. Even the regular allocated cars can technically be considered EOP (early order program) because they were ordered before start of production. Ask your dealer for the number. And ask them to specify which number you are on their list, although depending on color or options that place in line may mean squat. For example, you order red and 3 of his 4 allocated are balck...and they build black before red and ship accordingly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all of the information, I appreciate it...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dealer Allocation

I understand the dealer can get info showing what his allocations are 2 months forward and for the current month what week he will get an allocation. When these allocations were made in April, I think they were anticipating that production would be greater than it is at this point. I think they will be hard pressed to meet the 4 month allocation figures.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Keith said:
The total allocation your dealer has will affect when you can expect your car.
If he only has one it will probably be around October before it is picked up. If he has four or more, his first one probably has been picked up.

Has anyone that is 2 or higher with their dealer been picked up? If so what is your dealers total allocation?
I am #4 out of an allocatoin of 7 at my dealership. The dealer had 2 first 1000 cars, and my order was picked up on 8/11/05. I ordered my car on 4/16/05. That being said, from what iv'e been reading some people have been picked up months ago, and still have very little info as to what is going on with their car. This whole deal has got me P. O ed. When I was finally picked up, I found out that I wasn't even able to get the polished chrome wheels that I wanted. Seeing that i'm resigned to the fact that I'll be getting my car in October instead of mid June or July like the dealer said was going to happen. Add to that, I'll be paying for 6 months payments,insurance and intrest before being able to drive my car is also discomforting. My advice to you is be very persistent with your dealership, and sit back and wait for the snow to fall like the rest of us :brentil:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts