Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive noticed that at some times when the auto light switch is on that the DIC readout for mpg,water temp,etc. are so dim as to be invisible but when i turn off the auto light switch they are bright?is this normal?is there a awy to have them bright at all times and still use the auto lights feature?

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Yes, it's normal. That's the DIC dimming for nighttime so it doesn't blind you when it's dark out.

No way, that I know of, to circumvent this operation with the Auto Light function.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks.did my first mod this morning.removed the dead pedal so i would have room to stretch out a little,makes it a lot more comfortable to drive.believe it or not my honda del sol has a roomier cabin than this car...,

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dead pedal

thanks.did my first mod this morning.removed the dead pedal so i would have room to stretch out a little,makes it a lot more comfortable to drive.believe it or not my honda del sol has a roomier cabin than this car...,

By deadpedal, I am taking it you speak of the footrest on the left side? Now, it "could" be just me, but out of all the cars I have ever driven that did and didn't have those, the ones without that foot rest made my lower left back hurt because my foot rested "no where". I've notice that with my past two cars, under tight turns and such, I religiously have my left foot pressed against it right after shifts and all, bracing myself against the seat. My lower back never bothers me anymore either. Everyone is different though...I'm 5' 9 1/2 inches tall, so perhaps with a taller individual this deadpedal being gone may not be so much of an issue....lol...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im 6'2",figured i would try it without the pedal.if i dont like it being gone its only two bolts to reinstall.to be truly comfortable i was pressing the seat all the way back and the back of the seat produces annoying sqeaks,etc when it hits the rear panel.this way i can have it just enough forward where it doesnt touch.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I wear boots (not cowboy boots) size 13D and my foot gets hung up between the clutch and rocker panel. Maybe with the foot rest removed, I can tuck it underneath and rest it on the floor. Good thinking. I'll have to remove it and see what happens.

The sensetivity on the auto dim is too weak. In the morning I have to turn the auto dim off and then hit info to see the DIC. kind of a PITA if you ask me. there's all kinds of display adjustments. Maybe there's something in the manual that will help. Maybe I'll take a look one day.

·
Premium Member
18,492 Posts
im 6'2",figured i would try it without the pedal.if i dont like it being gone its only two bolts to reinstall.to be truly comfortable i was pressing the seat all the way back and the back of the seat produces annoying sqeaks,etc when it hits the rear panel.this way i can have it just enough forward where it doesnt touch.
The squeeking is generally the seam between the corner trim piece (with the speaker in it) and the waterfall back wall. I put a small piece of the soft side of self stick black velcro between the two panels at the joint and the squeeking went away. It allows the two panels to move against each other without actually touching.

·
Premium Member
18,492 Posts
As to the dash lights being dim or unreadable.

This has been discussed several times over the years. Basically if you have NO dash lights, check the brightness control and make sure you have it turned to full bright. Its on the left side of the dash below the steering wheel.

If you have full bright set, then turn on the fog lights.

See this post for more info.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f59/lights-really-bugs-me-30915/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.