Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed some Solstice display the outside air temp next to the odomoter reading, some don't. Is this a setting on the DIC? Or is it some optional equipment? Not a 'have to have'. But it's a 'nice to have' kind of thing.

Just curious. Looked through a PDF of the owners manual I found on line but didn't see any mention of it.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
NO Solstices do this. Only the Sky's have that readout, not the Sol's.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I never knew that.
Thanks
LLLFLY

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Just another example of the Superior Saturn Technology................

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Odd. I test drove an 06 and an 08 that did this.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
My 08 certainly doesn't do it and there is no mention of it in the manual.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
:agree:

2008 Solstice Base/ Premium Package

My 86 BMW 325ES not only had the reading, but a chime would go off at 32 degrees to let you know the road could be frozen.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Nope, no outside temp display capability in Solstices. At least not on my '06 or '08 GXP... nor any other I've heard of. I went to great lengths to try and get it to work... I gave up and went with an auto-dimming rearview mirror solution instead that incorporates compass and outside temp displays. If you're interested, click the links below (to Kappa Performance Forum).

Pinouts for gauge clusters?

Fun with Rearview Mirrors

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Perhaps I've imagined it. I did test drive two Sky in my search (for some reason, 90% of the Sky in this area are automatics). Perhaps I'm older than I thought.

What's that ya say sonny?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
The sensor is there, it just isn't being used. I have a Dashawk and it reads the outside temp

Nobody has been able to locate the sensor on a Solstice. The PID is there, and does give a reading. I'm not sure how that reading is derived. It IS seemingly independent of IAT... Believe me, I've researched this up down and sideways.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
I bought an Ultra Gauge. Plugs into the OBD port and can be programmed to display any of the available parameters, including outside temp.
SNAP!

(See Ambient Temp, bottom right.)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
TS, you ever able to sort out where the info for that PID comes from?

Dashhawk and DashDAQ display(ed) Ambient Air Temperature as well. Here's my DashDAQ thread from the other board...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Torque as well. Temps seem correct.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
728 Posts
Just another example of the Superior Saturn Technology................
+2 :agree::lol::cool::leaving:
Just begin fer trouble in our brothers house..:grouphug:

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
TS, you ever able to sort out where the info for that PID comes from?

Dashhawk and DashDAQ display(ed) Ambient Air Temperature as well.
No I didn't. I'm guessing it gets it the same way Sky's do but I don't think anyone actually found an ambient temperature sensor in either car. I did hear tell that it may be calculated (estimated) somehow, but no confirmation of that either.

I do know that the temp displayed seems pretty close to actual - wherever I've been able to compare to an outside thermometer.

:dunno:

·
Registered
457 Posts
+2 :agree::lol::cool::leaving:
Just begin fer trouble in our brothers house..:grouphug:
Hey, they had to compensate the Sky owners in some way for the inferior looks. ....... ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide App

1 - 20 of 36 Posts