Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Did some mods this weekend with my spare time.

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Jared_Morgan 
#1 ·
Okay so in terms of maintenance, I flushed the water system and refilled with some fresh dexcool as many of you recommended I do (Special thanks to DDM for posting a how to video on youtube). Worked out well! I also cleaned and used raggtop top protectant to make my canvas top last me a while. But aside from all of that, I did some lighting mods as well as a little work to my engine cover (since it had to be removed to change the coolant anyway.) Here's some pics! :cool:

Below we have 10,000k hid headlights, 3000k foglight bulbs. As you can see I also wrapped my corner lights and I wrapped the center of the pontiac badge (yes i did the fender badges too):

Below is my engine cover. Did a cast aluminum finish in sections and gloss white for the remainder. No, it didnt come out perfect, but I'm pretty excited with the outcome, because I did it myself. For me, thats the thrill of modding a car. I'd rather have some imperfections knowing that it was all done by me. ;)

See less See more
#13 ·
Thank you! Yes, thats exactly how I feel. My budget is a little tight right now. So this is how I cope. :p

Where did you get the HID's from?
I actually have a stash of ballasts at my house when I used to install them on the side. I also had some bulbs laying around from my 2010 dodge ram (which i traded years back) which also had 9008 bulbs. So, I just ordered a standard relay harness to get the parts running. I always just got the cheap xentec replacement ballasts from ebay for 10 dollars. The bigger metal bodied ones never gave me too much trouble.

Looks very nice sir!
Thank you Thank you :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.