Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So did anyone receive Confirmation before 2:22pm?
It looks like the servers were down until 2:22 -- and then they started receiving orders. Wait Listing started at 2:42.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
mcbman said:
So did anyone receive Confirmation before 2:22pm?
It looks like the servers were down until 2:22 -- and then they started receiving orders. Wait Listing started at 2:42.

Sounds about right, given the timing of how things went at my dealer.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
godspeed06 said:
i remember reading in an article that it was 41 minutes and there were 5000 people the waiting list at the time the article was written.
It sounds like for the first 22 minutes the server was overloaded and nobody was able to input info. Then after some dealers gave up... others finally got in. So... who knows how fast they would've sold if the server didn't get overloaded. I'd bet like five minutes!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Soltice 1-1000

Has anyone considered that a thousand registered names had already been
choosen by GM before the dealers began taking orders on the 15th. That means the lucky 1000 individuals could have gone to any qualified dealer and they would have been successful in getting a car. As soon as the dealer entered the individuals registration number the computer searched a data base of these 1000 registration numbers, if there was a match the individual was asigned one of 1000 cars if there was'nt a match the program switched to the waiting list program and the salesman finished entering the information. I was the first and only person at my dealership to get a car and
its still true as of today.

My intake time was 03.07.39 on the 15th

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Unless someone here postas an earlier time or an earlier time appears from outside the "official pontiac solctice forum" then indeed the servers were down for 22 minutes. I just couldn't fathom that. I figured there was just so much traffic and only so many connections that orders were getting in and we were just being shunted aside.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
achieftain said:
Unless someone here postas an earlier time or an earlier time appears from outside the "official pontiac solctice forum" then indeed the servers were down for 22 minutes. I just couldn't fathom that. I figured there was just so much traffic and only so many connections that orders were getting in and we were just being shunted aside.
Like I said earlier:
It seems like for the first 22 minutes the server was overloaded and nobody was able to input their info (and get it submitted fully). Then -- after some people quit trying and the load went down... People were able to succesfully submit everything.

That's my theory ;) -- who knows though?

·
Registered
121 Posts
latest?

rover said:
Are you saying you have a pending EOP car that was entered at 3:07:39 Eastern? If so, that is by far the latest time and after most of the waitlisters got there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
First 1000

No 3.07.39 central time.

·
Registered
121 Posts
rover said:
No 3.07.39 central time.
Ah! Then that is by far the earliest we know of. Seems plausible too, I actually filled out the first screen at about 2:07 or 2:08 but never got past that screen.

·
5,641 Posts
rover said:
Has anyone considered that a thousand registered names had already been
choosen by GM before the dealers began taking orders on the 15th. That means the lucky 1000 individuals could have gone to any qualified dealer and they would have been successful in getting a car.

For your theory to be correct, it would have to be GM that was lucky. How else would you explain that the 1,000 pre-choosen orders out of the 20,000+ registrations all showed up on Friday afternoon and we entered into the system between 2:22 and 2:43 Eastern (New York) time.

And I find it very hard to believe you received an order 1 hour and 25 minutes after the last order was accepted as reported by GM. (3:07 Central = 4:07 Eastern)

·
5,641 Posts
Salamander said:
Ah! Then that is by far the earliest we know of. Seems plausible too, I actually filled out the first screen at about 2:07 or 2:08 but never got past that screen.
Actually, unless I am wrong, wouldn't Central time be behind Eastern time? So 3:07 Central would be 4:07 Eatern.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Actually, unless I am wrong, wouldn't Central time be behind Eastern time? So 3:07 Central would be 4:07 Eatern.
I am in Central time and my order was placed at 1:35, which would be 2:35 Eastern time. There is no way that he could have gotten one of the first 1000 at 3:07 Central time - he is severely mistaken.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Small Dealer said:
It's obviously time for me to go to bed. Yes, Small Dealer, you are absolutely correct.

Which deepens the mystery of what time this order actually happened. I suspect time zone confusion. Again.

Good night!

·
Registered
79 Posts
No mistake I have the order in front of me 03.07.39 central time

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has GM called?

Dealers were told that they had to enter the options for the first 1000 by April 24. My time stamp was 2:33 and received a unique "Order Reference Number." The dealer told me to call him as soon as I receive the call. It's now Tues evening and I haven't been contacted by GM as yet.
Have you or anyone else received the confirmation call?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
A good Q for the dealers would be since the EOP is still open for cars 1001 through 5000 until the 24th, is it the waiting list for the first 1000 that gets these or are these separate orders to be placed?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
At some point you have to break off the wait list to order a regular allocation car I assume? No sense hanging on the wait list forever when the dealer is starting to fill his regular orders, right?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts