Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does seeing the new pictures change anyone else's EOP order? After seeing just how light the steel color is I think I am going to change my Mysterious order to Ebony instead. Man this is killing me, the copper and black version of the colors would be great. However, after seeing the pictures with everything out in the sunlight... I'm not sure it is going to work.

-DT

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dogtown said:
Does seeing the new pictures change anyone else's EOP order? After seeing just how light the steel color is I think I am going to change my Mysterious order to Ebony instead. Man this is killing me, the copper and black version of the colors would be great. However, after seeing the pictures with everything out in the sunlight... I'm not sure it is going to work.

-DT
I'm not EOP, but, I was originally planning on Sly with the 2 tone interior. After seeing these pics, the steel color looks a little too "Baby Blue" to me. I also really like the Green. So thinking about changing to Envious/Ebony.

·
497 Posts
Totally undecided

SteveB said:
I'm not EOP, but, I was originally planning on Sly with the 2 tone interior. After seeing these pics, the steel color looks a little too "Baby Blue" to me. I also really like the Green. So thinking about changing to Envious/Ebony.
I'm in a similar situation. I haven't ordered yet (no EOP for me) and at this point it is probably just as well. With all these awesome pictures I just can't make up my mind. I don’t recall every feeling so ambivalent about something I really want. :willy:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I really like the two-tone seats. I'll probably stick to steel/sand for my order, and hope the final trim is a little darker. If not, I'll look into retrofitting mine with ebony door panels.... kind of a "mix and match" later on down the road. Either with new parts, or salvaged parts in a few years.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I was going to go for Green but changed my mind after the two-toned interior wasn't going to be offered. I'm sticking with my current choice of Blue especially after seeing the interior pics of the sand/grey.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Two tone or three tone?

I am sticking with Deep (dark blue) with a two tone interior. I think the grey and blue look sharp together. I have noticed there is a lot of concern about whether the "steel" is dark or light. I think some of the confusion may stem from what appears to be a three-tone interior. The door panels always seem to be light, but the seats always seem to be dark. And in fact, on the Pontiac web site the leather swatch is quite dark. In some pictures you can see quite a bit of difference between the shift boot and the surrounding console.

Anyway, grey is a good combo (IMHO) with blue, so I think it will look good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Keeping my Mysterious (Black) with the 2-Tone interior. I originally thought about the Ebony interior - but black on black will be too hot - even in the Michigan sun! Besides, the 2-tone European style seats will look nice with black! Can't wait to get it.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Some of the 2 tone interior pictures look like light grey again :( Not sure how that will look against black but sticking with it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Red With Tan And Steel Leather Option?

When I placed my order I could not order the red exterior with the tan and steel leather (really dumb . . . so I opted for the cool), but on the Pontiac website now you can. What is with that? All those cars in the pictures from the plant and on the hauler just confirms my earlier suspicion: It does not matter what color combination you get, your are going to have a very, very sexy car on your hands!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
AZJuez said:
When I placed my order I could not order the red exterior with the tan and steel leather (really dumb . . . so I opted for the cool), but on the Pontiac website now you can. What is with that?
So far only the Pontiac website has that combination, ordering system does not. We are not sure which is correct at this point so stay tuned.

·
Registered
177 Posts
godspeed06 said:
nope, i still want silver with the black interior... still wish there was red interior though. red interior with silver and black top is :cool:
Parked my Z28 next to a top down BMW Z3 today..silver with blk red leather..sharp.

Im staying with silver/black leather. Wish they offered Blk/red leather

·
Registered
146 Posts
mysterious / two tone...

first ordered mysterious with the ebony leather, later changed order to the two tone. Now seeing the new pics I am not sure that I should have, but I'm still hopeful. I like the online pic of two tone... it was a nice deep grey. Hope the final color looks like that.

My question to Pontiac before ordering was about the "steel" color-is it grey or blue... I think that my car will look better if it is a deep/rich grey (with the black ext. that is). It would have been really nice to have actual samples!

Did you notice the color of the carpet? Another shade of grey? I hope that the colors compliment each other... regardless I think we'll all be happy-just can't go wrong here.

After seeing the pics... it just confirms it They All Look Good! ok, maybe not good... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
GNS said:
Parked my Z28 next to a top down BMW Z3 today..silver with blk red leather..sharp.

Im staying with silver/black leather. Wish they offered Blk/red leather
Black and red like the Sky would be great with Aggressive. I think right now I'm haoppy thet the two-tone is not available wit teh red and green. For it to work properly the sand orf the sand/steel would have to be darker, and the steel seems alittle washed out. It probably works with the dark blue because it has a little blue cast to it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I debated and debated and ordered Cool. I probably would have ordered
Aggressive if there had been a light colored top. I've just never been a red and black guy for some reason. I like the Cools shown in the photos from the plant and, therefore, Cool is my story and I'm sticking to it. I really do wish there was a better option on the leather colors. I'd change that in a heart beat if they offered some new ones.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts