Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well you know My name is Jeff and I saw this car 2 years ago at the Bay Side Expo center in Boston.. It was the concept one with the 2.2 liter engine 6 speed 220 hp supercharge. So listening to the pontiac news i heard that they are making the car( THANKS BOB) soo I went to my dealership and asked the first guy i saw,, I asked him(You guys make commission) he says yes i do why I was like well i heard you guys are building the solstice i want one ,,try as hard as you can to get me this car..Soo i have been waiting for 2 years for theis car then my dealership called around may saying something about the apprentice and the whole early order program. Soo i did everything and put my name in and everything. Gave the paper i printed out to the dealership and waited for april 14 at 2:00. My dealership then called saying that i didnt get one,, I was soo upset and pissed. Then 2 weeks passed and dealer called saying that there was something wrong with the area code and ca did not read the new england 02346.. soo they are not just building 1000 they are building 1200 .... 200 for New England.. And soo i just got a call from my dealership friday 9/16/05 saying that my car has been built and is being shiped..Soo any day now i should be getting a 2006 solstice black with leather cant wait...

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
minimac said:
Well you know My name is Jeff and I saw this car 2 years ago at the Bay Side Expo center in Boston.. It was the concept one with the 2.2 liter engine 6 speed 220 hp supercharge. So listening to the pontiac news i heard that they are making the car( THANKS BOB) soo I went to my dealership and asked the first guy i saw,, I asked him(You guys make commission) he says yes i do why I was like well i heard you guys are building the solstice i want one ,,try as hard as you can to get me this car..Soo i have been waiting for 2 years for theis car then my dealership called around may saying something about the apprentice and the whole early order program. Soo i did everything and put my name in and everything. Gave the paper i printed out to the dealership and waited for april 14 at 2:00. My dealership then called saying that i didnt get one,, I was soo upset and pissed. Then 2 weeks passed and dealer called saying that there was something wrong with the area code and ca did not read the new england 02346.. soo they are not just building 1000 they are building 1200 .... 200 for New England.. And soo i just got a call from my dealership friday 9/16/05 saying that my car has been built and is being shiped..Soo any day now i should be getting a 2006 solstice black with leather cant wait...
That zip code thing was a bummer, I too tried to get one but it kept throwing it out. However, with all the problems with the first 1000 I'm glad I didn't get in. Some of those cars have been bayed for repairs several times. Now ,my is on it's way to Ct. and might be here today or tomorrow. Pass inspection like a charm, first time. Boy I'm sure glad things worked out like they did.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
deluke said:
That zip code thing was a bummer, I too tried to get one but it kept throwing it out. However, with all the problems with the first 1000 I'm glad I didn't get in. Some of those cars have been bayed for repairs several times. Now ,my is on it's way to Ct. and might be here today or tomorrow. Pass inspection like a charm, first time. Boy I'm sure glad things worked out like they did.
yeah it sucks but at least im getting the first 1200

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
minimac said:
yeah it sucks but at least im getting the first 1200
That means nothing, There are only 1000 limited editiuon. Your dealer doesn't know what the heck he's talking about. What they did with the zip codes that were not accepted (New England) and I'm from Ct. They gave these dealers one priority zero zip allocation that was to be built right after the first 1000.But they are reg. cars nothing special about them. My vin is 1178 , but just a regular car.Tell you dealer he should get his story straight.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
deluke said:
That means nothing, There are only 1000 limited editiuon. Your dealer doesn't know what the heck he's talking about. What they did with the zip codes that were not accepted (New England) and I'm from Ct. They gave these dealers one priority zero zip allocation that was to be built right after the first 1000.But they are reg. cars nothing special about them. My vin is 1178 , but just a regular car.Tell you dealer he should get his story straight.
I know this. i know its just a reg car im just saying that instead of the first 10000 like other people are saying im just saying that because of the mess up i got one right after the first 1000

·
Registered
511 Posts
:agree:
minimac said:
:agree: I like yourself. saw this car same place same time.
I'm on your bandwagen. I've been dreaming of this car ever since.
Are cars are coming and looking forward to meeting you and your SOLSTICE.
Was hopping for a nice fall ride North.

·
2,574 Posts
deluke said:
"That means nothing" ???? Give the guy a break he's happy to be a new Solstice owner. Hate to tell you but not many more than 1k people could really care or will know what it means in a year. :lol:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
birdliver said:
"That means nothing" ???? Give the guy a break he's happy to be a new Solstice owner. Hate to tell you but not many more than 1k people could really care or will know what it means in a year. :lol:
THanks Bird :agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
birdliver said:
Don't look into this so offensively it wasn't ment to be. I think maybe you should chill alittle. We All love the car and we are all happy to of gotten one, I just didn't want him to get his hopes to high that it's going to be hear tomorrow !!!!! SO RELAX........ OR TAKE A XANAX :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
511 Posts
We New Englanders
Have to relax, We are use to the change of seasons.
We are a hardy bunch, We will drive our Solstices With the top down ,Till the first snow. Go out get yourself some Warm gloves and Coats,
Then we will be allready to go.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
;) ;)
Andrew Jackson said:
We New Englanders
We are a hardy bunch, We will drive our Solstices With the top down ,Till the first snow. Go out get yourself some Warm gloves and Coats,
Thats true it just sucks that a little drive time in the fall then off it goes the the shed,,, hey andrew are u driving urs year round
and have you heard of Import wars in epping New.Hamp,, :) :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
birdliver said:
It really isn't a big deal. The only difference is the VIN # and the First 1,000 emblem on the dash. While I do feel that the emblem is nice looking, it does appear a bit out of place on the dash...

Flagg

·
Registered
511 Posts
minimac said:
;) ;)
Thats true it just sucks that a little drive time in the fall then off it goes the the shed,,, hey andrew are u driving urs year round
and have you heard of Import wars in epping New.Hamp,, :) :)

Mine is only for nice weather
I have a truck I am going to use in the Winter.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Andrew Jackson said:
Mine is only for nice weather
I have a truck I am going to use in the Winter.
Yeha i got a wagon ,, its no solstice but its fwd,,

·
Registered
337 Posts
Flagg said:
It really isn't a big deal. The only difference is the VIN # and the First 1,000 emblem on the dash. While I do feel that the emblem is nice looking, it does appear a bit out of place on the dash...

Flagg
Yes.....OK....Keep telling yourself that and maybe it will come true. I think more than a 1000 people would disagree with you. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
We New Englanders
:lol:

Just wait until the WI Sols report back on their first annual Solar Bear drive, tops down, on Jan 1, 2006...

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SolTex said:
Yes.....OK....Keep telling yourself that and maybe it will come true. I think more than 1000 people would disagree with you. :yesnod:

I don't think having a first 1000 is a big deal. I did try for one, but with all the quality issues one after another I'm glad I didn't get one. Nothing against you people that did. ( have to say this befor birdliver takes it the wrong way)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Aspenrose said:

Just wait until the WI Sols report back on their first annual Solar Bear drive, tops down, on Jan 1, 2006...

Give me more Info Would love to ride around the Dairy Country.
Topless on new years day.Just as long as one of your Milkmaids rides with me.
Love the smell of Hay in the morning.

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
Give me more Info Would love to ride around the Dairy Country.
Topless on new years day.Just as long as one of your Milkmaids rides with me.
Love the smell of Hay in the morning.
Still in the works-waiting for cars to arrive, details to come... but we're definitely planning to plan! The only 'milkmaid' in the group, is moi, as far as I know, but I'll be driving my own *hope* *hope*...

·
Registered
93 Posts
birdliver said:
Most people wouldn't consider it necessarily a good thing to buy one of the very first of a new model to come out, right? Obviously there were some problems with these cars. I would probably steer from owning own (of the first 1K) more likely than go out of my way to get one at this point. My dad warned me that this would happen. He should know, he makes the H-3 at the Shreveport plant. He also mentioned to try to get one that wasn't made on a SATURDAY, if I could help it. :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts