Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking again at the interior shots (to answer "What's this?" thread) and noticed that next to what probably is a "Power Port", there's no ash tray or a blank where one could go. What with the change in attitude toward those that smoke, and since I haven't looked at new cars in a decade, are ash trays no longer an option? (Wheeze) I know in the nineties, you could get on for a $75 option.(Cough! Cough!) It seems if they didn't have one, they would replace it with a change holder. I've always carried a roll of toll booth quarters and it looks like they'll be going in the between-the-seats compartment. And if it's not an option, an ash tray stuck in where ever they've hidden the cup holder. (Cough!) (Wheeze)(Cough!)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Good question. As far as I know you can still get ash trays on cars. My '02 Jeep has one anyway. Maybe they just didn't cut one out into the prototype. It could be an addition for the actual production vehicle.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
There's no ash tray in my '03 Saturn VUE, nor is there a practical place for one. In the two previous Saturns I owned, there was an optional ash tray that fit into one of the front cupholders, and another one in the optional center armrest compartment for rear seat passangers. The cupholders in the VUE, however, are on the floor between the seats.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
My 2000 ranger and 03 aztek both took the same approach, they have removable ashtrays that fit in the cupholders. If all else fails, I'm sure you can still get a 'bean bag' ashtray somewhere. I was lucky enough to finally break the habit when cartons were only 14 bucks. What are they now?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
You wouldn’t want to burn a hole in the upholstery or convertible top of your new Solstice anyway. Instead of smoking in the car, satisfy the need by smoking the tires! Its probably no more expensive given the price of cigarettes, and a lot more fun!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
A lot of cars come with a "Smokers Package" you buy afterwards. It gets you the heater coil for the power plug, and an ash tray that sits in a cup holder. Now the real question, where's the cup holder?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
A lot of cars come with a "Smokers Package" you buy afterwards. It gets you the heater coil for the power plug, and an ash tray that sits in a cup holder. Now the real question, where's the cup holder?
I apologize that I cannot come up with the pick at the moment, but someone pointed out that they thought it might pop out of the side of the center console/stereo HVAC stack area on the passenger side. There was what appeared to be a long skinny "door" in the dash area that could be a pop-out cup holder, or cup holder array. Other than that, I do not see much in the way of possible cup holder locations in the prototype.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts