Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was #1 on the dealer list. they had three terminals going. the first one to get past the logon screen started entering my data. pontiac's servers couldn't handle the internet traffic, so the screens kept crashing and you had to refresh,etc....meanwhile after 20 minutes of this, the other 2 terminals were able to get on and they entered 2 other orders...those got through..mine did not (even though my order was the first one started). they went to enter my data on one of the other 2 terminals and all 1000 were taken by then.

i'm quite pissed to say the least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
I truely do feel for you man. I almost had the exact same thing happen to me. I just squeeked in the first 1000 by about 2 minutes. My dealership had four terminals going and mine was the last one to make it in before the orders got cut off. And I was the first there at 7:45 this morning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
Just about the same thing happened to me as happened to Todd. When the website finally took the order at 1:43, it said all cars were gone. I was put on the waiting list. No body else at the dealership got in either. Needless to say, I am also very disappointed. :nonod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
In !

Sorry for all who didn't make it. I got my Reference # at 2:38 ET. Started at 2. I was entered first, and only one at the dealership to make first 1000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Got mine at 2:22pm EST....know what you mean though, thank god I stood there and even hit the back/submit button as the mgr got tied up. It was a frustrating experience getting server busy messages on almost every submission. GM dropped the ball on this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
This process IS worse than birthing a kid, except we still don't have the kid! I am still patiently waited for my confirmation call from Pontiac.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
Exactly pontiac owes a lot of appologies to people for not being prepared at all. Ive waited for 3 years.

My dealer was also unprepared. Kept telling customers it was pre determined even after me and the owne corrected at least 2 of the salesmen. The old guy entering orders refused to hit refresh and just kept starring at the screen waiting for something to happen.

Needless ot say im pissed, after waiting for 3 hours. I did do a retail order though, but if its dated past august for delivery GM lost a customer for not being prepared.

I dont see any reason why a customer who has been following the car for 3 years shouldnt get a EOP car.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Didn't get mine either. :(
I was #2 at my dealership and only the #1 guy got a car. I stood there till 2:50 before I could even find out if I got one or not. They had 3 computers going to try to get them, but the system just kept f-ing up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Didn't get in either :( :(

After multiple freezes, finally got to confirm my info but got hung up on third screen.

Couldn't even get on wait list.

Shameful execution by Pontiac and GM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I got one!!! ;) I was sweating while my guy was hitting back and refresh!!! took 20+ min to get my order in, the next one went right in! the dealer got 4 !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
i was #1 on the dealer list. they had three terminals going. the first one to get past the logon screen started entering my data. pontiac's servers couldn't handle the internet traffic, so the screens kept crashing and you had to refresh,etc....meanwhile after 20 minutes of this, the other 2 terminals were able to get on and they entered 2 other orders...those got through..mine did not (even though my order was the first one started). they went to enter my data on one of the other 2 terminals and all 1000 were taken by then.

i'm quite pissed to say the least.
Sorry for you Todd and Jimmy and myself. And all the others as well. We waited a long time for this and got shut out.

I out thunk myself. When they said 2PM ET I thought
it meant 3 DST. Got my order in at 3:04. I lose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Blk37Special said:
Sorry for you Todd and Jimmy and myself. And all the others as well. We waited a long time for this and got shut out.

I out thunk myself. When they said 2PM ET I thought
it meant 3 DST. Got my order in at 3:04. I lose.
And I thought 2PM ET meant... well.. 2PM EST. I lost too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Did not get one

Me and 4 others were at the dealer at 2 and they were not able to get on the server until 2:45. None left we were all put on the waiting list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
damn, Todd. I thought I got screwed.

I think you deserve some kind of award from the forum.

I was #1 at my dealer, but NOBODY at my dealer got one. Shafted by the server. If I hadn't been there to see it, I wouldn't believe how rediculously flawed this program turned out to be!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There's alot going through my mind right now. My thought was that the first 1000 will be delivered by end of June or sometime in July. If you didn't make the first 1000, I'm assuming you won't get yours until sometime this fall. I'm not sure if I want one at that time. Why get a car in the fall when you would have to park it in the garage for about 5 months before you're able to use it? I guess I'm not sure if I'm going to try to get a car until next year if at all. I don't know...too pissed right now to think straight.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
There's alot going through my mind right now. My thought was that the first 1000 will be delivered by end of June or sometime in July. If you didn't make the first 1000, I'm assuming you won't get yours until sometime this fall.
The GM at my dealership felt that regular allocation will be close behind and in fact might come around same time as EOP cars. Build schedule was 5/30 for EOP and 2 weeks later for regular cars (6/12). There's still hope.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,041 Posts
Todd,
I really feel sorry for you. My dealer had three terminals going but they had a list as to which orders would be placed first when they were finally able to get onto the GM server. I was first so mine went through at 2:35:20 and the other four orders were placed on the waiting list. I'm really sorry about the mix up you went through, it's a real bummer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Miata Man said:
Todd,
I really feel sorry for you. My dealer had three terminals going but they had a list as to which orders would be placed first when they were finally able to get onto the GM server. I was first so mine went through at 2:35:20 and the other four orders were placed on the waiting list. I'm really sorry about the mix up you went through, it's a real bummer!
Thanks, I saw your post about having a difficult time getting back to work. Me too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Got screwed as well. The server kept dumping us. I finally got in and it would not take my zip code (even though it was correct and came up on their system when my code was inserted).

I suspect that the ziup code failure was their way to spread the 1000 cars throughout the country. I bet that groups of zip codes were only allowed to get so many cars.

My dealer called another dealer who was having the same problem and told him to try changing the leading number of my zip code from "0" to "1". Sure enough, it went through but it was too late.

I am now onn a waiting list with the rest of you.

This has been a real bummer!

By the way, the regional GM rep was at my dealership through the whole process and was getting pissed off calls from all of the area dealers.

I was told that the computer accidentally allowed 1021 orders to be accepted and they must now bump 21 people off the list.

I also found out that they are considering increasing the production volume since they received nearly 20,000 responses to the program last night!

I also heard the same thing about the regular allocation being right behind the EOP cars.

Maybe there is still hope......

:brentil:
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top