Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my sly two tone today, man, what a ride. it kept sprinkling so I am an expert on putting the top up and down. It's actually a piece of cake and only takes a minute to do it.
I am bringing it to work tomorrow, everyone wants to see it.

Someone asked if it came with a die cast model in the trunk, if it did, then someone at the dealership must have "borrowed" it. I do remember pontiac saying we would get one, have other EOP buyers received it?

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
No model in my trunk, just the fix-a-flat system. On an earlier thread someone said the die-cast models would be sent out separately.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
No model in my trunk, just the fix-a-flat system. On an earlier thread someone said the die-cast models would be sent out separately.
Personally, I'm much happier to have the REAL car. At this point, I don't care if I NEVER get the die-cast model! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SolsticeWaiting said:
Personally, I'm much happier to have the REAL car. At this point, I don't care if I NEVER get the die-cast model! :rolleyes:

:agree: :agree: :agree:

I'm not a first 1000 and Pretty Glad I didn't get one know with all the issues, but please people are worried about their diecast model?? Worry about real thing like people getting their CARS !!!!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
No model here either. Dealer said it would be shipped seperate as will our certificate of authenticity.

·
5,641 Posts
Yes the diecast and certificate will come later. But it is important that your dealerships follow the special EOP delivery reporting procedure and fax infomation to program headquarters for confirmation. Pontiac has said that it needs that infomation to trigger the shipment of the goodies.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: Yes
General Conversation: No

·
Registered
528 Posts
I spoke with Solstice HQ yesterday, and they said after the dealership has sent the proof of sale documentation to them you would be getting the goodie package. They also said it would be shipping something in October. You can check with Solstice HQ by calling them to make sure your dealership has sent the appropiate paperwork.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not a 1k owner but my dealer had the die cast cars in his parts department and sold me one at cost seeing I bought a car from him. They had them in sly with two tone interior and pure. Gives me something to look at until my car arrives.

·
Registered
157 Posts
TerpFan said:
I spoke with Solstice HQ yesterday, and they said after the dealership has sent the proof of sale documentation to them you would be getting the goodie package. They also said it would be shipping something in October. You can check with Solstice HQ by calling them to make sure your dealership has sent the appropiate paperwork.
I heard that the delivery of the model is now being pushed back to November as they have sent the cars back to the model factory in China. Apparently there were some paint issues and some of the plastics didn't match, so they were recalled and are being gone over again by the quality control team. They hope to have them shipped back out soon, but unfortunately the pallets that they are shipped on can only be loaded by select forklifts in the factory, so they are not able to be loaded onto the slow boat from China as fast as they would like to. Please be patient! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
C5Vette said:
I heard that the delivery of the model is now being pushed back to November as they have sent the cars back to the model factory in China. Apparently there were some paint issues and some of the plastics didn't match, so they were recalled and are being gone over again by the quality control team. They hope to have them shipped back out soon, but unfortunately the pallets that they are shipped on can only be loaded by select forklifts in the factory, so they are not able to be loaded onto the slow boat from China as fast as they would like to. Please be patient! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:glol: I'll bet GM didn't know they were going to be the inspiration for so many jokes.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
C5Vette said:
I'm glad they're taking the time to get them right! We don't want GM to have a bad reputation for quality in the modeling world too! I thought they were sending them by train and that was the reason for delay! :lol:

·
Registered
89 Posts
My dealer is great! He has GIVEN me everything that has come into his dealership in regards to the solstice. Got my model along with brochures, CD's, DVD's, banners. EVERYTHING BUT THE CAR.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
C5Vette said:
You think that boat to China is slow, I feel bad for the people that are having their diecasts loaded onto a Lionel train out of Lordstown!

·
Registered
210 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: This is toooooo much! :glol: :glol:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Marco said:
You think that boat to China is slow, I feel bad for the people that are having their diecasts loaded onto a Lionel train out of Lordstown!
That was funny. My real car went through Lordstown and finally reached me yesterday. I wasn't laughing before picking up my car, but you made me laugh with that one.

·
Premium Member
10,465 Posts
Congratulations, :party:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Once again, our Oracle at Delphi speaks...

Small Dealer said:
Yes the diecast and certificate will come later. But it is important that your dealerships follow the special EOP delivery reporting procedure and fax infomation to program headquarters for confirmation. Pontiac has said that it needs that infomation to trigger the shipment of the goodies.
Small Dealer, you are the man! You're posts are always early and so very helpful! You truly have become our Oracle at Delphi.

Thanks. I'll be sure to follow up with the dealership.

·
Premium Member
10,465 Posts
Thanks SD, and yes my dealer has already done this for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts