Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Quicker acceleration off the line higher RPM's highway cruising don't really see any benefit for the added expense on a street car

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
The differentials on our cars can be . . a little problematic. Some make noise. Some chatter. On early cars they even failed.

My rule is if it isn't broke, leave it the heck alone.

I have not had an issue with either of ours and find the ratio just fine for my style of driving.

·
Administrator
9,697 Posts
Your only real choice is the 3.90 that was supplied in the NAs as Getrag did not, as far as I know, build anything shorter.

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
John is right, the only option for the GXP/Redline is to go to the 3.9 found in the 2.4L cars, you can also go to the 3.4 or 3.2 found in the Cadillacs as an option also if you want something a little taller for a final drive, but only if you do not have a torque arm (automatic cars).

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
And changing from the ground 3.73 ration to the Na 3.91 is a small change.

I barely noticed anything when I did the swap.

·
Administrator
9,697 Posts
Do you know of anyone who has switched to the 3.2 Dave? I have been thinking about doing it it when the Stage 2 SC goes back into the 2.4.

·
Registered
2007 Solstice GXP
258 Posts
I wouldn't go taller...car would feel like a turd.

4.10s were brought up on the caddy forums for this diff but nothing materialized because of the initial cost and lack of interest.

·
Administrator
9,697 Posts
By the numbers, the 3.2 with the SC would still have slightly more torque in first than the NA 2.4, and after that it doesn't matter. I really don't care about 0-anything acceleration, and it would be nice to have some longer legs sometimes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts