Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

differential woes

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  marksbug 
#1 ·
i have an 07 gxp that needs a remanufactured rear end. i've spent over $800. on 3 different mechanics and go no warranty and no refund and no success on the repair. i've gone on line and tried all the main remanufacturers and no one has one in stock.....except one who wants $2500. for one. any one had success????

#2 ·
I have seen very very few instances of anyone needed a rebuild. Most of the problems have been leaking seals or LSD chatter caused by improper fluid use.

The units were originally classified as not rebuildable, although really only because parts were not available, and the ones that had serious problems were simply replaced.

Your best chance may be with a low mileage used one from a salvage yard.

I am curious, what was the problem with yours that required repair?

#4 ·
i have an 07 gxp that needs a remanufactured rear end. i've spent over $800. on 3 different mechanics and go no warranty and no refund and no success on the repair. i've gone on line and tried all the main remanufacturers and no one has one in stock.....except one who wants $2500. for one. any one had success????
a pulsing growl in maintenance speed in 45 to 80 mph. backlash clicking occasionly at any speed. all symptoms appear after the rear end warms up.

#8 ·
mine is silent, but has more back lash that Ive ever seen in a diff,,,Ive rebuilt many types of diffs for cars,trucks,4 wheelers etc and transaxles too. I havent a clue how mine is so quiet and no leeks....I gotta find one to either stick in or rebuild so i can rebuild mine, just need to find a afordable unit with g80 code.I doubt I could tell the diferance between a 373&391 ratio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.