Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't think I have ever seen a car where the dress up parts available on the aftermarket dried up so fast.

·
Super Moderator
16,392 Posts
I can and am still buying new parts. Norm is making all his parts, plus will do custom work.

I am still ordering custom windrestricters and door sills

My painter is still doing vertical doors and custom work.

I guess I don't understand your desire that can not be met

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,475 Posts
Don't think I have ever seen a car where the dress up parts available on the aftermarket dried up so fast.
Bearing in mind that the Solstice and Sky were very short run production, with only 65K Solstices and 35K Skys.

Most cars don't begin to see aftermarket body parts until there's at least 100K cars in the market place.

Heck, even the Fiero had almost 500,000 cars out there in the world, and there weren't a lot of aftermarket kits even for that car.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
It's not really that the aftermarket parts dried up, they never existed in the first place. Such is the fact when you drive an orphaned limited production run car.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Echo Echo. Not many made in the first place, a limited market to begin with that dwindles = not many that want to go after it. Those that do will and will have to price accordingly to make money at it.

But the OP has it right to some degree - it's not going to grow.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
When I had my first one, in '08, I was able to buy a lot of little stuff that added a lot to the car. Aluminum, anodized filler caps...engraved. The fake air vents on the fender...I was able to get honeycombed plastic that made them look real. Stainless covers for the hood props. Lots of things that work very well at a car show. Not racing stuff, but car show stuff. In all the cars I ever owned, never saw stuff that WAS available, just dry up like it has on these. I was able, a couple of weeks ago, to get engine bay lights from DDM, and they work very well. It used to be easy to find, but now... I love the car, but it is very frustrating not being able to get the stuff I had on my other one. I don't know how to post pictures on this forum, or I would attach one of my Camaro showing what I did a lot of on my last Solstice.

·
Super Moderator
16,392 Posts
When I had my first one, in '08, I was able to buy a lot of little stuff that added a lot to the car. Aluminum, anodized filler caps...engraved. The fake air vents on the fender...I was able to get honeycombed plastic that made them look real. Stainless covers for the hood props. Lots of things that work very well at a car show. Not racing stuff, but car show stuff. In all the cars I ever owned, never saw stuff that WAS available, just dry up like it has on these. I was able, a couple of weeks ago, to get engine bay lights from DDM, and they work very well. It used to be easy to find, but now... I love the car, but it is very frustrating not being able to get the stuff I had on my other one. I don't know how to post pictures on this forum, or I would attach one of my Camaro showing what I did a lot of on my last Solstice.
The engine covers are available. I bought two each a couple of months ago
Buttress plugs

Wheels

Wheel centers

Dash kits

The fender vent covers were pretty poor quality. I had them on for a while but they are gone because they were not very well made

Norm makes real vented fenders.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The engine covers are available. I bought two eats a couple of months ago
Buttress plugs

Wheels

Wheel centers

Dash kits

The fender vent covers were pretty poor quality. I had them on for a while but they are gone because they were not very well made

Norm makes real vented fenders.
Thanks. I will check it out.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
There still selling 2 types of body kits. RK Sport and the GT Concept from Andy's AutoSport. I prefer the RK Sport body kit. I'm on my second Solstice and plan on doing the same mods I had on my first car. Just in black this time.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There still selling 2 types of body kits. RK Sport and the GT Concept from Andy's AutoSport. I prefer the RK Sport body kit. I'm on my second Solstice and plan on doing the same mods I had on my first car. Just in black this time.
looks nice

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
When I bought my first Solstce custom items were slim. A few of the early vendors didn't survive ie: Carolina interiors and Vans design. Some were gone before the demise of Pontiac. I remember when you could go on ebay under Solstice and there would be maybe three pages. Now there are hundreds of pages although there are a lot of lights bulbs and wheels! There are still suppliers out there and some like Norm, Solo & DDM have a lot to offer even though to survive they are doing other manufacturers. Hopefully suppliers will be able to step up and help keep our babies running for years.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
W/Mike most of these Mods just make the cars looks stand out .You can still get plenty of Go fast mod .Keeping them Looking GR8 at shows, I think is what he is looking for.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
W/Mike most of these Mods just make the cars looks stand out .You can still get plenty of Go fast mod .Keeping them Looking GR8 at shows, I think is what he is looking for.
Yep. I don't race anymore. I get more enjoyment out of a Saturday night car show. (Easier on the car, also)

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
I don't think there will be a parts issue to keep our babies running. Being that the Kappa were pretty much off shelf parts and they have used the 2.4 and the 2.0 Turbo in many different models. I guess the hard parts will be the custom body parts and even some GM body parts. We can hope Norm keeps producing nice mods.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Lots of stuff on ebay- Pontiac solstice search, good prices, takes awhile to sift through the crappy listings, but there is some really good items available. Guess it depends what you are looking for tho.

·
Premium Member
3,858 Posts
Just scan the owner registry and look at the mods members put on their cars it's a good way to get a heads up as to what's out there

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Eibach no longer make the Pro Kit Springs to lower our Kappas. Probably like many other vendors, there is not enough business volume to make any profit. You can't blame them. We would do the same thing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts