Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am once again disappointed with gm. I have ordered an aggressive solstice (loaded) and after reading posts on this site I am aware (albeit disappointed) with the long wait. As a gm employee I was disappointed to learn that I would not receive an employee discount on this vehicle. My most recent disappointment came last night when my salesperson called to say that they would not honour the $2000 we negotiated in the recent settlement towards the purchase of a new gm product (CAW). We were told that the $2000 would apply to the Soltsice when we purchased on October 5. Certainly hope this is the last of any disappointing news.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
mr omaha said:
I am once again disappointed with gm. I have ordered an aggressive solstice (loaded) and after reading posts on this site I am aware (albeit disappointed) with the long wait. As a gm employee I was disappointed to learn that I would not receive an employee discount on this vehicle. My most recent disappointment came last night when my salesperson called to say that they would not honour the $2000 we negotiated in the recent settlement towards the purchase of a new gm product (CAW). We were told that the $2000 would apply to the Soltsice when we purchased on October 5. Certainly hope this is the last of any disappointing news.
I didn't get it either. It's not offered on some cars, that;s just the way the discount goes. Corvette drivers never complain.

·
Registered
670 Posts
18 months

My niece and her husband just ordered a new Astin-Martin and will wait 18 months for it. Tough ain't it. :cool:

·
Registered
184 Posts
brian carpenter said:
My niece and her husband just ordered a new Astin-Martin and will wait 18 months for it. Tough ain't it. :cool:
18 months? Wow! But for a Aston-Martin it's worth the wait. I'm sure if they could afford one of those, their current car wouldn't be too shabby to drive around in until it arrives. My little base-model Hyundai Accent isn't cutting it right now.

·
5,641 Posts
mr omaha said:
I am once again disappointed with gm.

As a gm employee I was disappointed to learn that I would not receive an employee discount on this vehicle.

My most recent disappointment came last night when my salesperson called to say that they would not honour the $2000 we negotiated in the recent settlement towards the purchase of a new gm product (CAW). We were told that the $2000 would apply to the Soltsice when we purchased on October 5.
It is the dealership that is choosing to not allow your Solstice purchase to go under the GM Employee Purchase Plan, if the Canadian rules are the same as US. If so then there is no reason to be disappointed with GM.

As far as the CAW (Canadian Auto Workers) settlement, who is "they" in your sentence? Is it the dealership not honoring the rebate or is the Solstice not an eligible car under the program? Can't find any info at the CAW site, no access to GM Canada incentives through US dealership channels, and "Goggle" turns up no info. It is possible based on press releases or early info provided at the time of CAW acceptance of the new GM contract, that the dealership and yourself may have believe that Solstice would be eligible only to find out it wasn't when the actual program was issued. Any or all of the three (dealership, CAW, GM) may have earned your disappointment on this issue.

·
Registered
120 Posts
GMs pricing

I ordered my Solstice from a Nebraska dealer and was given GMS pricing . The car was a first allocation and the discount was approved by GM. So I agree with small dealer that the dealer is your problem. By your handle you might be from Nebraska, if so and you are dealing with the same dealer as karen and/or y.t. then you should consider the dealer in Fremont, they are much more flexible.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I too am a GM employee awaiting delivery (4 months & counting) I was promised a $1500 loyalty trade-in credit and then had it retracted at the day of trade-in. I had accepted the "no employee discount" as par for the course, as I was hoping (as the wording of the document stated the discount would apply to North American built products) that I at least would get the $ 2000 credit. Now I am really unhappy.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in Canada (Windsor, Ontario). The dealership says it is GM not offering the employee discount, and of course GM says that is up to the dealership and from the reports on line we were not expecting to receive employee pricing. We were, however, told by the salesperson that the $2000 would be applicable. He actually confirmed this while we sat in his office. Yesterday we were told that a memo from GM excludes the Solstice and the Corvette. We are not cancelling our order and are certain that the car will be worth the wait and the disappointments.
P.S. We stop and visit frequently with its twin sitting in the lobby at the Ren Cen in Detroit.

·
Registered
100 Posts
This $2000 discount. My dad (the employee) didnt have many details. Can you enlighten me on any details (its it for leases/purchases/cash credit?). Is it applicable to me (son of employee) -- even if its not applicable to the Solstice.. Any docs I can refer to if the dealer is clueless?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discount????

I read in todays paper that GM is giving discounts again as their sales dropped for the month of October. The article was very vague, not stipulating if all vehicles would be included. Has anyone heard of this???

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
fak429 said:
I read in todays paper that GM is giving discounts again as their sales dropped for the month of October. The article was very vague, not stipulating if all vehicles would be included. Has anyone heard of this???
That will only apply to their SUVs, Trucks, and other "tough" sells. You may never see a discounted Sol ... ;) I think there was a thread yeasterday and one of the dealers backed that up.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ok here are the streight goods for you Canadians.... The $2000.00 (BUZ) incentive program applies to the following: All 2005 and newer Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, Hummer, GMC, Saturn, and Saab models ASSEMBLED IN NORTH AMERICA Ok here is were it gets a little confusing... Vehicles that are excluded for the Canada Employee Vehicle Purchase Program are also INELIGIBLE. So one would read it that it is base on the first sentence. However Solstice is ENELIGIBLE for the $2000.00
Lets be clear this is not DEALER decision... It is from GM..
I hope this clears things up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
just one more clarification if you know .. if you are eligible for the Employee Discount are you in turn eligible for the $2000 BUZ program? (ie immediate family members, spouse, yada, yada, yada)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SOL FULL said:
Ok here are the streight goods for you Canadians.... The $2000.00 (BUZ) incentive program applies to the following: All 2005 and newer Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, Hummer, GMC, Saturn, and Saab models ASSEMBLED IN NORTH AMERICA Ok here is were it gets a little confusing... Vehicles that are excluded for the Canada Employee Vehicle Purchase Program are also INELIGIBLE. So one would read it that it is base on the first sentence. However Solstice is ENELIGIBLE for the $2000.00
Lets be clear this is not DEALER decision... It is from GM..
I hope this clears things up.
Thanks SOL FULL, I couldn't have said it better myself. The reason I was disappointed was that we were initially told the $2000 would apply and then it was rescinded. I am not sure however if on an eligible vehicle this incentive is transferable to a family member. I would think so but have been wrong before........Good Luck!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Derwin... Sorry I should have been a little more clear... BUZ is for actual employee's. The cars that are eligible are the same as what is eligible for discount... I hope that clears it up. I was suprised it could not even be transfered to their spouse... Just the employee!

·
Registered
192 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
That will only apply to their SUVs, Trucks, and other "tough" sells. You may never see a discounted Sol ... ;) I think there was a thread yeasterday and one of the dealers backed that up.
Received an e-mail today from pontiac. Looks like all their cars are included in the RED TAG Sale excluding the Solstice

1 - 16 of 16 Posts