Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another EDAG thread I was told approximately 40 EDAG tops Solstice's had been installed on Solstice's by a former EDAG rep, and that another approximately 50 (new in box) tops are available at substantial discount savings from the original asking price. Per forum rules, please PM if contact number is wanted.

That could/would make an EDAG topped Kappa's total around 90 to 100 units (understood modifications can be made for SKY fitment) and change it into one of the rarest looks available for the platform.

I was also told that while initial installation would take someone several hours once an individual begins familiar with the procedure it's not unrealistic for it to be accomplished and consider doing on a yearly basis.

Think of it as a Kappa Safari (Pontiac initial version of the Chevy Nomad and subsequently morphing onto their 4-door station wagons).

Pontiac Safari - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
This is interesting. Is there anyone on the forum who has had experience with this top? If so, what are the reviews? I know Aspen Rose was considering one in an earlier thread.
Good memory! Yep, after seeing it up close and personal in Nashville, I liked the look, better than the smoothline tops. $$ just never presented itself, although it's tempting to check on the deal being offered, and just store it for down the road after I get my NA running dependably again.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Addendum: The rear window hatch has two attachment points using two different attachment methods. The method attached to the rear window is bolts, the method used to attach the bracket to the interior; bonding glue. Problem was interior bonding glue was only rated for 200 degrees. You can guess what happen next, parked car + higher interior heat = interior bonding glue (and hatch) letting go. The issue was addressed and corrected by EDAG by issuing higher rated interior bonding glue, which these remaining available tops are suppose to have.

Also, the side windows and hatch window is tinted glass; not Plexiglas.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,551 Posts
EDAG's original price was $2500.
RevengeDesign has been selling them for $1000.
I will know tomorrow what the current price is.

·
Super Moderator
7,551 Posts
King-Oka : $650 too bad you guys aren't out west
I wasn't aware that they had made that price official.

And if I was "out west" I wouldn't be picking one up tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I wasn't aware that they had made that price official.

And if I was "out west" I wouldn't be picking one up tomorrow.
Official or not - that was what I was quoted.

Wish I could get some interest out west so I could combine freight.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,480 Posts
Official or not - that was what I was quoted.

I thought the $650 was the price Lowlife1 was quoting for the one he picked up and decided not to use.

I haven't seen a price for the ones EDAG has boxed and ready to go.

Maybe I'm confused? :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
7,551 Posts
King-Oka : Official or not - that was what I was quoted.

If the price came from Peter, its official, since he owns them. From anyone else it is not "official" and may or may not be correct.

Combining shipment may or may not be possible. The crates that the tops are in are 64 x 80 x 26 inch and weigh about 200 lbs. Unless you get a truckload of them, the best you might be able to do is get two banded together as one.
DaveOC : I thought the $650 was the price Lowlife1 was quoting for the one he picked up and decided not to use.

I haven't seen a price for the ones EDAG has boxed and ready to go.

Maybe I'm confused?
You are correct that LowLife1 quoted that price for the top that he has.

EDAG is no longer in the picture, as they sold out their remaining stock to RevengeDesign a couple of years ago.

As posted by King-Oka, the current kit price is $650.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
COOL, cool. I will be working with our corporate shipper to see if the cost can come down a lot. Revenge Design didn't have much luck with the shipping cost. Thier price to ship was over 1,300.00
Was that to you? If it helps to ship to a US address you can ship to me and then come get it from me...

·
Super Moderator
7,551 Posts
SkyPilot : And how much is the top itself?
Peter told me yesterday that he would sell the complete kit for $650. He also has spare glass and some shells without hardware, but hadn't decided what price to put on those.

Note that the tops are not completely assembled. To make it easier to paint them the glass and headliner are not installed. The kit includes everything needed, including the antenna relocation hardware and a very detailed installation manual.

Note also that this top will not fit a Sky as-is. I got mine to attempt a modification and will start a thread on the Sky forum about it.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I have not been following this entire thread so hope I am not asking "old" questions...

Price of unassembled top...$650.

Where are these tops being shipped from? I live in SW Ohio.

I may be interested if the shipping does not eat me alive

1 - 20 of 106 Posts