Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..I have to ask you guys for ideas. We have a Solstice running around Cumberland Maryland that is in disguise. The way the manufacturers disguise them before releasing the finished product. My question is...why would they have one in disguise still? Unfortunately, I have not yet seen it. However, my wife, daughter and co-worker have all seen it within the last week. My theory is...drumroll please...it is a GXP turbo. I am going to scour this little town I live in (with camera in hand) to find this beast. Obviously, if it has dual exhaust or some other markings, it will be a good bet it is a turbo. Any other reasons you guys can think of?

·
Registered
179 Posts
deepdawg said:
Any other reasons you guys can think of?
The owner masked the cars apperance, because he got tired of every pedestrian and motorist drooling over, asking to sit in, and getting in the way of his Solstice?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Are you sure it was a Solstice, or could it have been a Saturn Sky under the disguises. I guess it would depend on how much masking they did to it.

It being a GXP turbo is a possibility.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Nay... the local dealer got somebody's car in and doesn't want them to know that they're giving test rides. ;)

Actually I suspect it's a Sky running cooling tests. Run it up and down Sideling a few times and see if it overheats.

·
Registered
184 Posts
:glol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
LBJay said:
Nay... the local dealer got somebody's car in and doesn't want them to know that they're giving test rides. ;)

Actually I suspect it's a Sky running cooling tests. Run it up and down Sideling a few times and see if it overheats.
Too, too cruel! :(

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well..since I have not seen it myself, you are correct it could be a Sky. I also have found out that there is a local company called ABL that tests different cars. I will be making a trip around there soon to check things out. My wife swears its a Solstice and she went with me to the plant...but she certainly could mistake a Sky for a Sol. And yes..it was heavily taped per my co worker. But he still said...DUDE ...ITS SWEET!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
LBJay Actually I suspect it's a Sky running cooling tests. .[/QUOTE said:
Would not even need disguise if it is a Sky.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
One of the following;
  • Sky
  • Solstice GXP
  • Sky RL
  • Solstice with an Automatic transmission
  • Any other unreleased Kappa product

·
Registered
69 Posts
2007 Solstice Anniversary Edition to be released in June 21st 2006, maybe???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts