Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always annoyed when pine needles & leaves accumulate under my hood in places where I can't reach them. I took a look under the hood today and did some close inspecting and finally decided enough was enough. The only fix was to take out 3 of the screws that keep the plastic protector in place in the front wheel wells, and "blast" it out w/a high pressure hose. This took care of most of the problem, but there was a bunch that I had to remove by hand. Honestly between the 2 wheel wells I must've removed approximately 4lbs of the stuff! I've had my GXP for 5yrs as of 6/27 so this must've been building up over the past 5yrs. I was wondering if it would be advisable to get a good coat of wax in there or if the stock paint would be enough to keep everything from oxidizing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had one a few years back & the damn mice got to it while it was in my shed. About a month ago I purchased another one from Amazon. Only used it once. I just hate taking it off and putting it on over & over again.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually enjoy cleaning it. Big glass of Jeremiah Weed on ice & my portable radio and I'm good to go! The only time I really use the car cover is if I just got done cleaning it and I know I won't be driving til the next day--keeps the dust and pollen off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts