Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received an email from the event manager at the Bushkill Inn. Her staff is very upset at the disrespectful way they were spoken to by certain people on this forum.

I will say that people who asked for a KING SUITE made comments that were not only disrespectful but were interpreted as threatening.

I am somewhat stunned at this behavior. Please know that the Hotel has the right to cancel our agreement and if they choose to do so there will be NO NASSM 2014.

If you are the one who threatened to "make a stink online" I would ask you to tender an apology to the Bushkill employees, but please pm me first so we can discuss this.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Behavior like that reflects on the whole community and isn't called for...

·
Registered
30 Posts
We whole heartily agree. People in their positions do the best they can. We are embarrassed that they had to be treated as such so early. Comeon let's do ourselves proud.:agree:

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I received an email from the event manager at the Bushkill Inn. Her staff is very upset at the disrespectful way they were spoken to by certain people on this forum.

I will say that people who asked for a KING SUITE made comments that were not only disrespectful but were interpreted as threatening.

I am somewhat stunned at this behavior. Please know that the Hotel has the right to cancel our agreement and if they choose to do so there will be NO NASSM 2014.

If you are the one who threatened to "make a stink online" I would ask you to tender an apology to the Bushkill employees, but please pm me first so we can discuss this.

Thank you.
This is terrible, unacceptable and embarrassing. I will be booking our room next week. I just want to thank you and your team for your efforts so far. My wife and I are really looking forward to this! I looked at the website of the hotel and it looks like a great property!!
Hang in there.:thumbs:

·
Registered
991 Posts
I hope they don't go, does not sound like someone I care to meet.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
how do I say what I'm feeling???

:agree::agree::agree:
I just had gotten off the phone with a very professional and very pleasant employee of the Bushkill Inn after making our reservations for NASSM 2014 to find the note from solli.
My first reaction ... :brentil: :brentil:
Clearly, and unfortunately, some of us here on this forum need to grow up and act as adults should when dealing with others - in any capacity or role.
Please keep your negativity and bad attitude to yourself and away from here!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sounds like you have a lynch mob formed from just one half of a story.

I have no part in this; I cannot make the event and have never had any interaction with Bushkill. I have had plenty of similar issues saying I was rude and disrespectful to people only to later be cleared once the recordings were played. Sometimes, the first one to turn the "issue" into a "problem" is the one at fault. There is also a great chance that the hotel is right and y'all have someone to hang.

I would recommend y'all put away your weapons until the whole story is known.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This post is about recognizing unwarranted rude behavior, it's not a call to lynch anyone.

Some of the people who are planning to attend this event apparently gave the desk clerks a hard time and I got the letter. I also apologized to the staff on behalf of our group and everything is fine for now. I know what you mean though, when people are tired, things can get amplified.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I remember a shunning. Nobody talked to me for ages! :cuss: :cryin: :lol:

·
Registered
311 Posts
My wife shunned me for 2 weeks before I realized i was being shunned then she got mad when I said I was enjoying the silence and asked if she could shunn me a bit longer :)

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahaha. Shunning is good! :lol:

·
Registered
702 Posts

Thank you.
Proving yet again that the two most common things in the universe are: Hydrogen...and stupidity. :(

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
It's sad that this happened...it reflects on all of us. That being said though, by my count, 97 rooms have been booked (166 rooms - 69 still available). There's going to be a bad apple in any bunch that size. It's hard to believe that the hotel employees don't encounter this behavior in the general public.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for keeping track Rusty. The hotel advertises 166 rooms but they're only selling 100. We've booked half the hotel in two days.

·
Registered
731 Posts
If I cannot get a room in time. Is there anything else close to the event at a reasonable price?

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
Sorry, I refuse to take the blame for any other forum members actions, or apathy.:agree:

I take responsibility for my actions.

If they are going to cancel for what one or a fee prople did or may have said, that is too bad. Hopefully they will not, but I refuse to feel guilty for others. I have enough of my own mistakes to deal with LOL

·
Registered
457 Posts
My wife shunned me for 2 weeks before I realized i was being shunned then she got mad when I said I was enjoying the silence and asked if she could shunn me a bit longer :)
You are a brave soul!

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
shreve1, if you book now, you can get a room at a reasonable rate. If you decide you don't want to register for the event, cancel your room so the hotel can offer it to someone else. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts