Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Distribution update for week of 18 Apr 2005

from the link posted at the end of this

<Distribution Updates
Updates for (2006) Solstice
Week of 4/18/2005
Effective 4/18/2005, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

Interior section-Deleted (UE1) OnStar entirely.
Interior section-(UQ3) Sound system feature, Monsoon premium speaker system, changed footnote 1 to read "Not available with (U1C) Sound system, ETR AM/FM stereo with CD player."
Interior section-(U2K) Sound system feature, XM Satellite Radio, changed footnote 1 to read "Subscription fees apply. Available only in the 48 contiguous U.S. Not available with (U1C) Sound system, ETR AM/FM stereo with CD player."
Specs section-Fuel capacity, deleted footnote 1 entirely. >

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2005&regionID=1&divisionID=7&type=0&vehicleID=2053&section=modelhome&page=&butID=1#

·
5,641 Posts
Primus said:
Hmm, deleting the fuel capacity seems interesting....

The original footnote had weird numbers and talked about a reserve tank as I remember. These changes are mostly house keeping issues with the listings. Other then the OnStar which they are taking off because it is not available for start of production, it will return to the listings when it is ready.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
no onstar?

Billabongi said:
Me and my salesmen actually talked about this. Sounds like onstar is off the car?
looking at mceb's pictures from the NYC auto show, the interior pics taken from outside show that that Solstice does not even have Onstar in it. I belive that this Solstice is the closest to production we have seen. I am betting OnStar has been scratched from the list. :brentil:

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
pwr66569 said:
Maybe they deleted the fuel tank in an effort to give it more trunk capacity. :lol:
Maybe because the truth of the matter is they finally realised that we as their focus group tolled them to put the gas tank behind the seats where it is suppose to be and not in the middle of the trunk as it is right now, as seen from the pictures. Remeber that SM pointed out that if the tank went in that location it would be smaller, so who knows at this stage, GM/Pontiac sure have their work cut out for them, GREAT design but VERY POOR EXECUTION AND DELIVERY, that spells BIG TROUBLE for GM, and good news for the competition.

·
Registered
96 Posts
GREAT design but VERY POOR EXECUTION AND DELIVERY, that spells BIG TROUBLE for GM, and good news for the competition.
I think that is a little overkill. In fact, GM has done amazingly with the design and marketing of this car. It will set the standard for all others. We have not heard the final information on the fuel tank and trunk; expect a surprise or two. Even if the fuel tank is in the middle of the trunk, it is a still an amazing car at an even more amazing price. :)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
small_dealer had said OnStar was out for the first batch of cars...theory was it had something to do with a resdesign of antenna so it matched the color of cars.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah, so it'll probably just be off that site until it's available like the chrome wheels.

I was going to point out they now have an image of the polished aluminum wheels on the dealer world site, but I can't get to it because it throws an error when it tries to load the Pontiac section.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fuel tank - Trunk Space

I compare everything about the Solstice to my 2000 Prowler. Ther are both 2 seat radsters wilth limited audience. A "Boutique Car" that will grab an elite following. The Prowler suffers from no trunk space. The numbers for storage are 2 CuFt Top Down and 4 CuFt Top Up, just like the Solstice. Chrysler in their wisdom solved that problem by producing a Prowler Trailer that holds something like 10 CuFt of storage. These trailers were about $3K and you needed to add a hitch to the car. I have driven in many Prowler events over the years and have yet seen one in Colorado.

Maybe the Solstice will have a "Boutique Trailer" just like the Prowler did.

S.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Audi_Fan said:
I compare everything about the Solstice to my 2000 Prowler. Ther are both 2 seat radsters wilth limited audience. A "Boutique Car" that will grab an elite following. The Prowler suffers from no trunk space. The numbers for storage are 2 CuFt Top Down and 4 CuFt Top Up, just like the Solstice. Chrysler in their wisdom solved that problem by producing a Prowler Trailer that holds something like 10 CuFt of storage. These trailers were about $3K and you needed to add a hitch to the car. I have driven in many Prowler events over the years and have yet seen one in Colorado.

Maybe the Solstice will have a "Boutique Trailer" just like the Prowler did.

S.

Sort of like those cute little trailers that lok like minnie campers for pulling behind motorcycles. :lol: I still like the idea of a Solstice luggage rack piled three deep, and then getting caught in a sudden downpour!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Simple solution for water proof luggage

PAS22 said:
I still like the idea of a Solstice luggage rack piled three deep, and then getting caught in a sudden downpour!
Simple solution to that: Pelican, specifically, their 2.7 Cu ft 1620. It even has wheels and a handle! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
Simple solution to that: Pelican, specifically, their 2.7 Cu ft 1620. It even has wheels and a handle! :yesnod:
Or you could compromise between that and pulling a trailer ... you could get the Pelican case and tie a rope to it and to the back of the car and drag it behind the car. :glol:

·
Registered
178 Posts
SlySol said:
Maybe they deleted the fuel tank in an effort to give it more trunk capacity. :lol:
Removing the fuel tank also reduces the weight of the car which in turns increases the power to weight ratio which means that the car will go faster and have better 0 - 60 times. Perhaps that's the high performance version we've been waiting for.... :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts