Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a DIY Video that I made for Pontiac Solstice headlight retrofit. For those of you that were waiting on this video, sorry that I took so long to make it. In this video, I am using custom reflector bracket that I built specifically for this vehicle, but for those of you that have the vehicle. Use the vehicle to aim the lights, and mark it on the wall. Thank you to Brian for the headlights.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'd mof'Def would buy a set! Now can I get just any kinda kit and retro*fit the solstice? Cause a friend of mine is willing to give me his old set for free and I was wondering if I can do this without messing things up for myself? I don't know what kind they are but I do know there off a S13 Nissan 240...if that helps? Thank you.

·
Registered
231 Posts
GregAV do they charge the same if you want to do it like you did (DIY) or are you still paying the 700? If its less then I will consider it to do it myself but if the same not sure about that then. I dont want to buy new headlights and have to send them to a shop and then wait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gonna have to give this a try over the winter, just picked up a pair of headlights from ebay.
Any reason why you used sealant rather than nuts+bolts to hold the projector?
Think the tl projector will fit in there?
I have used bolts and nuts before, and I had them go loose before. With the sealant I haven't had that problem. Some people feel better using bolts and nuts. I guess it is a preference thing.

GregAV do they charge the same if you want to do it like you did (DIY) or are you still paying the 700? If its less then I will consider it to do it myself but if the same not sure about that then. I dont want to buy new headlights and have to send them to a shop and then wait.
I PMed you

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I have used bolts and nuts before, and I had them go loose before. With the sealant I haven't had that problem. Some people feel better using bolts and nuts. I guess it is a preference thing.
Good point, although how difficult is it to remove in case you botch the aiming or wanna switch projectors?

·
Registered
864 Posts
I used nuts and bolts on mine. then I coated the nuts and remaining threads sticking out the back with silicone or JB weld. I used both, but not on the same screws. I also used the standard ballasts and bulbs from TRS.

I wish I would have taken more pics during the build.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts