Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What type of sealant are you using/where do you get it?
I got another retro coming up soon, and might as well try it!
I am using ProGrip High Viscosity Polyurethane Autoglass Adhesive. I buy it from the local shop that replaces windshields.

Good point, although how difficult is it to remove in case you botch the aiming or wanna switch projectors?
The first couple day it is easy to take apart, but after that, cutting the sealant is the only way you will take the projector apart from the reflector. I use sharp blade.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Imma try doin it to the Fog Lights 1st using the Dual Fog Lights with the Signals and Fogs instead of the plain Signal housing

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Greg AV - BRAVO!
That was the best DIY video I have ever seen. You put "This Old House", 4X4 Garage and all the showes on TV to shame. It might be so good, I try this one at home!
What really amazed me what your ability to apply exactly the right amount of sealant EVERY time! When I use that stuff, I get it everywhere! I don't know how many times you have done that, but it looks like that was your 1,000,000th time.

Nice work,
Any Pics of them on the car? Perhaps a drive by video? and a drivers seat veiw video?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I have seen Bryans car his were the lights being built in the video, they look really nice. They are not blinding like all the ricer kits people use, they Halo's look great too. If I could get just the shrouds I would do it myself, the other parts are pretty easy to get. I think Greg custom makes every set of shrouds, I might be wrong/ I remember reading you can do all the work and mount the projectors, send in the headlights and he will do the shrouds, and finish them up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am going to do this very soon (just got a spare pair of lamps to do it) the only thing i am at a loss at is the shroud. Can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Could you provide a link to eBay where you are selling them I'll sent my lights to you for modification do you have a swap out my lights for a set of modded lights

·
Registered
311 Posts
Forum from the dead, maybe?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would just need to know where to buy the plastic, and what is the plasic called?..i can do the shrouds myself..that don't look too intimidating to me.. I have an oven. ill do it it there.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Id like to get some lights like the ones from trax customs but how hard would it be to install it no one seems to be able to answer this question.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Id like to get some lights like the ones from trax customs but how hard would it be to install it no one seems to be able to answer this question.
Who/where did you ask? Did you see this? http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/solstice-projector-hid-install-showntell-how-73659/

Most of the effort for mine was in prepping and painting the shrouds/reflectors and top covers (which you can leave all chrome and thus avoid) and cleaning the secondhand lenses I got for the job (if you use your own and they're good, you'd avoid this too). The most difficult part is where to cut to mount the projectors. If you get the FX-R models, then you can follow the cut marks shown in my photos which will simplify it tremendously too.

Then if you do it, you may also want to make this mod: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/simple-reroute-drls-foglights-mod-hid-users-73671/

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am going to install projectors w/ angel eyes on my solstice but I would like to connect the angel eyes to turn on with DRL so the ambient light sensor will trigger the angel eyes on at daytime and headlamps at night. Does anyone know where is the DRL point I need to connect? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I am going to install projectors w/ angel eyes on my solstice but I would like to connect the angel eyes to turn on with DRL so the ambient light sensor will trigger the angel eyes on at daytime and headlamps at night. Does anyone know where is the DRL point I need to connect? Thank you in advance.
Hmm. did you see my "foglight" link in my post right above yours? That should give you the info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead yet again. I just got my GXP and I'm planning a retrofit. I cant find the shroud that covers the reflectors anywhere. Does anyone else have any leads as to where I might find them?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts