convienence pkg. (fogs, cruise, DIC)
floor mats
air conditioning

no power locks, windows, mirrors, monsoon,

·
Registered
670 Posts
Fraternal?

Close - red all options except smokers and upgraded radio (standard radio because we are going to add GPS), polished wheels, and have painted the calipers red. :cool:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
OZ, we're COMPLETELY identical except that I got power as well.

Brian, got any pics? I wanna paint my calipers SO bad. Did you get them the same shade to match the car? How difficult was it to get the apart and paint them and get them back on? This is my only car so I need it to go to work every day, I just need to know that if I'm gonna do this I can do it on a day off or something and have everything back together the next day.

·
Registered
363 Posts
OZ40 said:
I was just curious if anyone has a Solstice identical to mine:
Red
Painted Alum. Wheels
Limited slip diff.
4 wheel anti-lock brakes
Black/cloth interior
convienence pkg. (fogs, cruise, DIC)
floor mats
air conditioning

no power locks, windows, mirrors, monsoon,
Mine is kinda close, I got everything but power package.

·
Registered
670 Posts
dori-san

I got a caliper paint kit at Wal-Mart, I believe around $15, available in red or blue and I did not even remove the calipers, just the wheels. The brush in the kit is pretty poor, if you have an art brush 1/4 - 1/2" it will work better. They say to give it a coat and let it dry for like an hour but mine dried in about 5-10 minutes to the touch. If you are patient and careful you can do all the surfaces that can be seen without taking the caliper off. It is like an epoxy paint and dries pretty hard and up to 500' temp. I noticed a small nick in one the other day and touched it up right thru the wheel. The red is a very good match to our red body color. I think I will save the rest of the can for stone dings around the bottom panels. I did put the splash guards ($120) from Pontiac on and they are very good. Molded to fit the fender shape and very sturdy, not too hard to put on. Actually did the calipers and the guards at the same time. :cool:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Forgot

Forgot to metion there is also spray cleaner in the kit to clean the calipers off first. Do not have any pictures yet but Santa is scheduled to show up this week and have his picture taken with Mrs. Claus in the car. Will post those when available. And will send to Cadillaccricket as well. :cool:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Don't forget to get a nice close up pic of the calipers, I wanna see how good it looks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts