Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a call from my Area Pontiac Manager, it has been confirmed beyond doubt that Confirmation calls will not be made until AFTER the end of the EOP program, with confirmation calls starting on 25 APR 05. Right now they are sorting out duplicate orders, ineligible orders, and the like. There is hope if you are an early waitlister.

BUT, you need to have your vehicle order entered into VOM's to be eligible for an EOP unit. You can cancel the order after it is placed if you only wanted a 1/1000 unit, but wait until after the final 1000 units have been matched up to an owner.

Also, she is going to call her Mgr., and have that Mgr call these dealers selling SOL's in eBay. Hopefully, they will lose some of thier EOP units, at least one that thay are selling. I gave her the link to the Shady Dealer/eBay thread, she's already a lurker. (Hi A.F.)

·
Registered
121 Posts
conejo148 said:
After a call from my Area Pontiac Manager, it has been confirmed beyond doubt that Confirmation calls will not be made until AFTER the end of the EOP program, with confirmation calls starting on 25 APR 05. Right now they are sorting out duplicate orders, ineligible orders, and the like. There is hope if you are an early waitlister.

BUT, you need to have your vehicle order entered into VOM's to be eligible for an EOP unit. You can cancel the order after it is placed if you only wanted a 1/1000 unit, but wait until after the final 1000 units have been matched up to an owner.

Also, she is going to call her Mgr., and have that Mgr call these dealers selling SOL's in eBay. Hopefully, they will lose some of thier EOP units, at least one that thay are selling. I gace her the link to the Shady Dealer/eBay thread, she's already a lurker. (Hi A.F.)

Great news. Much too sort out.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
conejo148, at what point should someone consider switching out of waitlist (giving up) and putting in for a regular allocation order? Maybe it's not 2 processes and I'm confusing things.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
conejo148 said:
Are you sure this is correct? I am on the waitlist, and I am pretty sure that when I read through the rules it said something to the effect of:

Customer will be directed by Program Headquarters to return to his/her Participating Dealership to complete the order process and submit his/her order. Customers must order through a Participating Dealer.

This sounds to me like you will get some amount of time after you get the call from GM to place your order with the dealer.

My order is already in anyway, but it might make a difference to some people who are still picking out options, etc.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
mceb said:
conejo148, at what point should someone consider switching out of waitlist (giving up) and putting in for a regular allocation order? Maybe it's not 2 processes and I'm confusing things.
Yeah, any dealers that can clarify this, please help.

I am on the waitlist, but I have already placed my Solstice order at the dealership, with the understanding that mine will be order #1 out of their dealer allocation when the regular allocation orders start getting pulled. (Earliest deposit among the unlucky non-EOP people).

So if I get called from the waitlist to get an EOP, my dealer could just enter my VOM number from my existing "regular allocation" order and enter it into the Solstice1000 website to convert it to an "EOP" order. Is this logic correct?

·
Registered
33 Posts
dengel,

I am in the exact same boat as you are and am wondering if I should ask the dealer to enter the VOM's order number into the solstice1000.com website just in case I am moved from the waitlist to the EOP.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
conejo148 said:
BUT, you need to have your vehicle order entered into VOM's to be eligible for an EOP unit.
You might want to also make a sticky reminding people who DID get an EOP they need to be entered into VOMs also. When I talked to somebody at the solstice hotline a couple of days ago, she said my actual order needed to be in the system by the 25th. When I originally got my "pending" status, my dealer said to wait on my verification phone call before we actually put in my order. However, it doesn't look like we'll get the call by the 25th deadline, so I'm going to try and make sure my order is put into VOMS today so I don't lose my spot. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that is my understanding from the hotline rep. It would suck to lose your EOP spot because of something like that.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dengel said:
Are you sure this is correct? I am on the waitlist, and I am pretty sure that when I read through the rules it said something to the effect of:

Customer will be directed by Program Headquarters to return to his/her Participating Dealership to complete the order process and submit his/her order. Customers must order through a Participating Dealer.

This sounds to me like you will get some amount of time after you get the call from GM to place your order with the dealer.

My order is already in anyway, but it might make a difference to some people who are still picking out options, etc.

OK, going to answer 2 questions here:

Dengel:
1. You have until 24 APR 05 (Sunday,) to enter your order, get the VOM #, and attach the VOM number to your EOP whether you are waitlisted or not. It is my understanding that if you do not put a VOM number on your order, you may lose your EOP unit if you are in a pending status.

mceb:
2. As far as staying on the waitlist, I would say that if a person has the patience, I would personnaly wait until the last Tues/Weds before production is scheduled to begin. I'm sure that the (informing) dealers on this forum will also receive a message from GM that will idicate that the list has been set. I am picking Tues/Weds. as the days, b/c it would allow Pontiac the 4 days needed to verify the next person on the waitlist, and still get the order into the production schedule, which is picked up by GM on Sunday mornings. It all depends on the patience of an individual, if they could take 30 more days of waiting. I am guessing that if you do not pull yourself from the waitlist, you will have to negotiate with your dealer as to the next step, b/c according to the "rules," you fall into the regular allocation.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
conejo148 said:
OK, going to answer 2 questions here:

Dengel:
1. You have until 24 APR 05 (Sunday,) to enter your order, get the VOM #, and attach the VOM number to your EOP whether you are waitlisted or not. It is my understanding that if you do not put a VOM number on your order, you may lose your EOP unit if you are in a pending status.

mceb:
2. As far as staying on the waitlist, I would say that if a person has the patience, I would personnaly wait until the last Tues/Weds before production is scheduled to begin. I'm sure that the (informing) dealers on this forum will also receive a message from GM that will idicate that the list has been set. I am picking Tues/Weds. as the days, b/c it would allow Pontiac the 4 days needed to verify the next person on the waitlist, and still get the order into the production schedule, which is picked up by GM on Sunday mornings. It all depends on the patience of an individual, if they could take 30 more days of waiting. I am guessing that if you do not pull yourself from the waitlist, you will have to negotiate with your dealer as to the next step, b/c according to the "rules," you fall into the regular allocation.
I think as it stands right now at my dealer, my wait list entry still exists, and he has me in the system with an order for his first allocated car. You are saying he needs to somehow attach that order to my waitlist entry instead? If that's the case, can you explain to me how that is done, so I can explain it to my sales manager? I sure don't want to blow my chances of moving off the waitlist since I think I have a reasonably good shot by virtue of my early waitlist time stamp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
conejo148 said:
Is there ANY way to check the information about the options in our VOM order besides through our dealer. I have an EOP pending status, but I'm getting somewhat vague answers about my options and I am somewhat concerned that my car may not be spec'd out correctly. Also, is there a way to double-check that the correct VOM number is linked to my solstice1000 information (or that it hasn't been left blank)? If either of these things cause my EOP car to be delivered with somebody else's specifications or for me to lose my position, there could be some real headaches ahead. Is there any possible way to verify our actual EOP order specs with somebody at corporate or something similar?

·
5,641 Posts
pat_junk said:
Is there ANY way to check the information about the options in our VOM order besides through our dealer.
You could ask you dealer to provide a print out of the order from the VOMS order bank.

or

Don't know if it will work but you could try, go to www.pontiac.com , check out the contact us infomation, and call or email Pontiac with your VOMS order number and see if they can/will confirm your equiipment.

Hey conejo148 clear out some of your PM box if you can.

·
Registered
100 Posts
conejo148 said:

Also, she is going to call her Mgr., and have that Mgr call these dealers selling SOL's in eBay. Hopefully, they will lose some of thier EOP units, at least one that thay are selling. I gave her the link to the Shady Dealer/eBay thread, she's already a lurker. (Hi A.F.)
Can someone tell me what VOM is so that I can check with my dealer and see that all is going as it should with my order???

·
5,641 Posts
heismybooty said:
Can someone tell me what VOM is so that I can check with my dealer and see that all is going as it should with my order???

VOMS is Vehicle Order Management System. It includes car ordering. When a car is ordered it is assigned an order number by GM in the VOMS data base, 6 positions, mostly alpha letters.

As part of the EOP process, the 1000 first 1000 Solstices that are accepted (and as conejo148 has said even the wait listed cars) need to have actual orders placed, not just the submission of the registration number. Dealers have until Monday April 25th (think it is 6PM Pacific (the one with the ocean)) to add this VOMS order number to the Solstice1000 site data base containing your registration. I believe that it has been posted, that when this is done the dealer will get another print out confirming everything. This is what you will want to see. It also may be possible fro them to pull it up from the EOP site reports tab. (Not having got an EOP slot, I haven't had the pleasure of doing any of this :( )

Those who are wait listed will also want to place thier orders so that they can be prepared if they are moved up to the first team. Also if they later switch to being built from dealer's regular allocation, they will need an order.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update Right From the Source

Email from Pontiac Sales Div.

"Program Recap Status as of 4/16/05
>
> As of 5:00 PM EDT on April 16th, there were over 25,000 customer
> registrations with unique ID numbers generated on-line at
> www.pontiac.com/apprentice. Already, over 5,500 early orders have been
> taken nationally including the first 1,000 Exclusive retail orders and
over
> 4,500 waitlisted orders. To date, over 30,000 customers have participated
> in the program based on total customer registrations generated and early
> orders taken. These current results demonstrate an unprecedented demand
for
> the Solstice. The program period ends April 24th.
>
> FAQ?s ~ Next Steps for Order Verification
>
> Q: What are the next steps in the verification process?
> A: Program Headquarters will conduct the following:
>
> The auditing and verification team - which is a part of Program
> Headquarters - will contact each participating dealer who has been
> assigned one or more of the first 1,000 Exclusive retail orders.
>
> Dealers should provide the auditors with the names, phone numbers
and
> unique ID numbers of each customer for whom the dealer has placed an
> Exclusive order. The auditors will not require information for
> waitlisted customers unless they become eligible at a later time.
>
> Once the auditors have gathered this information, Program
> Headquarters will begin verification and reconciliation of all order
> information.
>
> If there are any discrepancies with the information provided by a
> dealer and the information contained in the customer database,
> Program Headquarters may contact dealers for additional information.
>
> This will complete the first and most important phase of the
customer
> order verification process.
>
> Program Headquarters will then confirm all information directly with
> the customers and make sure all information in the system is correct
> and current.
>
> The final step will be to consolidate all of the verified Exclusive
> retail orders with the corresponding VOM order information that
> dealers have submitted to the website. Dealers will be able to enter
> the 6- character, alpha-numeric VOM order number from April 18
> through April 25 at 6:00 PM PDT, if they have not already done so.
>
> Once Program Headquarters has verified and approved customer
> information for every Exclusive order, the final list of the first
> 1,000 retail orders will be submitted to GM Order Fulfillment to
> schedule for production at a later date.
>
> As demand has been overwhelming for the Solstice, dealers are
> strongly encouraged to place early orders against their estimated
> 4-month allocation quantities or to place customers on their own
> individual dealership?s waitlist.
> FAQ?s ~ Dealer Website and System Questions
> Q: How many customer registrations have been generated?
> A: Original projections for on-line customer registrations following The
> Apprentice debut were expected to be around 8,000. Demand was
unprecedented
> between the time The Apprentice aired and the time the dealer website went
> live at 2:00 pm EDT on April 15. We had approximately 20,000 customer
> registrations generated by that time, surpassing all best estimates.
> Current registrations represent a 400% increase over projections.
>
> Q: How much traffic was expected to the secured dealer website?
> A: We experienced 200% -- 300% more initial demand on the system than
> projected so the computers were backed logged with requests. Immediate
> steps were taken by the technical team to safely re-allocate more
resources
> to allow adequate web flow to meet the heightened demand in the system.
> Although we realize that this may have caused frustration on the part of
> some users, the underlying cause was due to overwhelming volume of dealer
> entries at 2:00 PM.
>
> Q: Why did some dealers receive a ?Server Busy? or ?Server Application
> Error??
> A: The website was operating slower than anticipated in the first 20
> minutes due to the high volume of dealer activity. Slowness in the system
> application meant that some dealers experienced a ?busy? error message. As
> it was first-come-first-serve, orders were placed by those dealers who
> logged in or re-logged in and entered ID numbers in a timely manner.
>
> Q: Were some dealers kicked out of the system during ordering?
> A: It is possible that some dealers were timed out while waiting for the
> system to respond, or that a page was frozen and required the dealer to
> re-log in.
>
> Q: What could have caused the system to be slow in responding or lock up?
> A: The volume of dealer activity caused some dealers to experience slow
> response times. Web pages can freeze or be locked up if a system is not
> responding or is experiencing delays.
>
> Q: Were any dealers disadvantaged due to the unprecedented volume?
> A: No. The entire country went live on the system at the same time and
> dealers everywhere were placing orders on a real-time basis. Slower than
> expected response times were experienced by all dealers concurrently. Even
> though the system experienced a heavy load during the initial start-up,
the
> order entry and confirmation process was fair and equitable to all users
> based on the time of entry into the system. While we realize the response
> time may have caused frustration on the part of some users, the system
> assigned orders in real time on a first-come, first-served basis.
>
> Q: How many dealers actually were able to place Exclusive orders?
> A: There were 657 dealers nationally in 47 different states who placed at
> least one of the first 1,000 retail orders.
>
> Q: How long did it take for the first 1,000 Exclusive retail orders to be
> placed?
> A: The first 1,000 retail orders were successfully placed within 41
> minutes of the initial start time of 2:00 PM Eastern Time.
>
> Q: When can I enter the 6-character VOM order number into the dealer
> website?
> A: Starting Monday April 18 through Monday April 25, dealers can enter a
> VOM order number for an eligible customer into the dealer website.
> If dealers experience any difficulty, they should contact Program
> Headquarters to make sure the VOM order number is entered correctly.
>
> Q: What happens to a customer that received a Conditional Confirmation
> page but was unable to print the confirmation?
> A: The next step in the verification and auditing process for verifying
> the first 1,000 Exclusive orders will be for Program Headquarters at
> 1-866-539-0256 to contact dealers to verify all customers with pending
> orders.
>
> Q: Can a dealer find out where a customer falls on the waitlist?
> A: Program Headquarters cannot give out that information. Customers on
the
> waitlist who do become eligible will be contacted by Program Headquarters
> in sequential order in the event of an order cancellation or if an order
is
> deemed ineligible.
>
> Q: Is it possible that the chance to place an Exclusive order will be
> re-opened?
> A: To date, all 1,000 Exclusive retail orders have been assigned and are
> subject to verification by Program Headquarters. The program will not be
> re-opened for additional Exclusive orders. Orders will only be assigned
to
> waitlisted customers in sequential order upon an order cancellation or if
> an order is deemed ineligible.
>
> Q: If a dealer has customers on the waitlist, what should the dealer tell
> them?
> A: As there are no guarantees that a waitlisted customer will be
contacted
> to place an Exclusive retail order given the overwhelming response in the
> first day of the promotion, dealers are strongly encouraged to place
orders
> against their estimated 4-month allocation quantities. Or, place the
> customer on their individual dealership?s waitlist. Dealers should remind
> customers that the Solstice is a low-volume production vehicle and is
> currently experiencing unprecedented demand in the marketplace.
>
> Q: When should eligible customers who have placed an Exclusive retail
> order expect to take delivery?
> A: Customers should expect to take delivery in the Fourth Quarter of

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Numbers Breakdown

Here's a recap of first-1,000 orders received and the number of dealers
> that received them...
>
> Subject: Early Order Breakout by Dealer
>
> Ordered/Dealers who have that many orders pending
>
> 5 orders: 9
>
>
> 4 orders: 22
>
>
> 3 orders: 55
>
>
> 2 orders: 131
>
>
> 1 order: 440
>
>
>
>
>
> The totals 657 Dealerships

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Couple interesting points. Shows Pontiac admitting they grossly underestimated the level of interest they were going to generate with this car.
Already, over 5,500 early orders have been taken nationally including the first 1,000 Exclusive retail orders and over 4,500 waitlisted orders. To date, over 30,000 customers have participated in the program based on total customer registrations generated and early orders taken.

Q: How many customer registrations have been generated?
A: Original projections for on-line customer registrations following The Apprentice debut were expected to be around 8,000. Demand was
unprecedented between the time The Apprentice aired and the time the dealer website went live at 2:00 pm EDT on April 15. We had approximately 20,000 customer registrations generated by that time, surpassing all best estimates. Current registrations represent a 400% increase over projections.

5 orders: 9
4 orders: 22
9 dealers actually got 5 cars in??? How the heck did they pull that off?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
conejo148 said:
From what I was able to observe at my dealer, there is no place in the Solstice1000 website for the dealer to attach the VOMs number to a waitlisted customer, only pending or confirmed EOP customers. I am on the waitlist. Are you aware of a way my dealer should attach my VOMs number to my waitlist status in the solstice1000 site? I want to make sure I have done everything correctly, in case I get the call from GM to move me off the waitlist.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
conejo148 said:
Here's a recap of first-1,000 orders received and the number of dealers
> that received them...
>
> Subject: Early Order Breakout by Dealer
>
> Ordered/Dealers who have that many orders pending
>
> 5 orders: 9
> 4 orders: 22
> 3 orders: 55
> 2 orders: 131
> 1 order: 440
> The totals 657 Dealerships
Any chance you can pull a breakdown of the first 1,000 orders by state? Well, obviously not all 50 states, but maybe the numbers in the top 5 or 10 states. I'd be curious to see how they're dispersed. As a side note, I saw in one thread that somebody in Alaska went to order a Sol on the first day and he was the 7th person looking for one. :eek: Amazing!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
brentil said:
9 dealers actually got 5 cars in??? How the heck did they pull that off?

Probably had 5 terminals going at once. Would certainly make sense from the dealer's perspective. That was their opportunity to get extra cars run through their dealership above their allocation with a line of buyers for them ... free money.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
SlySol said:
Probably had 5 terminals going at once. Would certainly make sense from the dealer's perspective. That was their opportunity to get extra cars run through their dealership above their allocation with a line of buyers for them ... free money.
Yeah, my dealer had five terminals going. Only got 2 though, because of the zero problem with the zip code entry.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts