Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
SlySol said:
Probably had 5 terminals going at once. Would certainly make sense from the dealer's perspective. That was their opportunity to get extra cars run through their dealership above their allocation with a line of buyers for them ... free money.
My dealership had 5 going as well. They got one EOP car after 42 minutes of trying.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
dengel said:
From what I was able to observe at my dealer, there is no place in the Solstice1000 website for the dealer to attach the VOMs number to a waitlisted customer, only pending or confirmed EOP customers. I am on the waitlist. Are you aware of a way my dealer should attach my VOMs number to my waitlist status in the solstice1000 site? I want to make sure I have done everything correctly, in case I get the call from GM to move me off the waitlist.

Thanks!
Talked with the "SolticeMaster," yesterday, C.A. for those of you dealer folks, (he's a lurker, too,) you'll recognize the initials from your IDL's. Very nice guy, BTW, and was very sincere. Got lucky getting through to him, tried about 4 times.

ANYWAY....I need to back up the train a milepost or 2. A waitlisted customer, if moved into a pending status, will be given information from the EOP call center of what their next step is. If they already have a regular allocation unit order in VOM, they will recieve different instruction from someone who DOESN'T have a regular allocation order in. As of yesterday, I did not have access to the VOM section of the solstice1000.com data entry page, b/c my only cust. is waitlisted. I will not have access to that site until he moves into a pending status.

Even though many of you are waitlisted, and it appears I miscommunicated or mistranslated or whatever, if you still want a Solstice, get your VOM entry done now. The sooner you get on the list, the sooner you get your car.

As far as being removed from the waitlist, there are only 4 people in Illinois that can do that, if you want to remove yourself, you call the EOP, they fax a sheet in, and then one of the four people call you to find out why you want dropped. So it's not as easy as your dealer saying your cut. I really think the verification system that Pontiac has in place is damn near bulletproof. The girl at the call center straightened out some things for me...those people have a lot of work. They have verified/confirmed 13 people, and were given a red light until Monday to restart.

That's all for now, will update as the info rolls in....

Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
conejo148 said:
Here's a recap of first-1,000 orders received and the number of dealers
> that received them...
>
> Subject: Early Order Breakout by Dealer
>
> Ordered/Dealers who have that many orders pending
>
> 5 orders: 9
>
>
> 4 orders: 22
>
>
> 3 orders: 55
>
>
> 2 orders: 131
>
>
> 1 order: 440
>
>
>
>
>
> The totals 657 Dealerships
and what about the 3 NE states with 0 in the zip that got none?!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Are there only three states that have initial zero ZIP codes? If so that could account for the report that EOP cars were ordered in 47 states. I wondered if we could find out which three states were EOPless; sounds like we did.

IMO, of all the things complained about regarding the EOP process, the ZIP code problem is far and away the worst. That's a common programming error--if you've never created an address form before. Who got the contract to write that form for Pontiac do you suppose? An amazing oversight for any programmer to make.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
mceb said:
You talking to Bob Lutz again ;)
No, actuually his official title is Pontiac Small Car Manager, Sunfire, Pursuit, Solstice, G6, and Grand Am. Fortunately for S-man, err, uh, I mean Bob, GM doesn't list his ph# on internal memos, or I would wear his voice mail out about this timestamp issue I'm having, and also the ZIP code fiasco for those of yous slightly east and north of me. But they do list the Product Manager's.

:devil:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts