Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick questions for V8 owners, does a LS fit dead center in the Kappa engine chassis?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking at a bunch of pics of hotrods w/wild intake systems poking through the hood, and wasn't sure if a LS V8 sits dead center in the engine bay?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't know the answer, but on many motor swaps extra room is needed on the driver's side for the steering shaft and pedals. Besides, the vehicle is likely to have more weight on that side due to the driver and the above extras. So, it might be logical to move the engine slightly to the passenger side. Then again, the trans tunnel may not allow any sideways movement.

·
Registered
258 Posts
90% of the weight sits behind the front axle.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
90% of the weight sits behind the front axle.
That I understand, but I was wondering if you cut a hole in center of the east and west point (not the north south point) if a blower would be poking out in the center of the hood.

I'm just spinning my wheels here, it's not like I'm going to install a Blown V8 in a Sol.

·
Registered
258 Posts
DDMworks was who I was talking about as I asked Dave this. The first two exhaust ports at the front of the engine(each bank) are right over the front axle.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I did not. Dave has always told me to give him a call.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Wild intake systems poking through the hood[
URL=http://s841.photobucket.com/user/j16450yz/media/LSA%20Swap%20Pics/IMG_8252.jpg.html]
[/URL]

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Performance Autowerks just posted a pic of a blown LS3 with hood cut out on their FB page
Looks dead center too me, and I noticed it's has a Normsfiberglass Formula hood w/Viper vents, if a scoop is being added it may turn into one busy looking hood.

Seems like a lot of people are having V8s stuffed into these cars lately. :cool:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Performance Autowerks just posted a pic of a blown LS3 with hood cut out on their FB page
2 of the pics from the werks facebook page is my car in progress! No I am not getting the supercharged setup. That was over my budget. :) Will be nice to see what the hood looks like completed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts