Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Have you read the forum announcements yet?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here is your chance to be counted. We have TONS of threads that were not posted in the right section today. Mceb put a nice announcement regarding where to properly make posts based on the topic up top last week. So far, only 54 people have viewed it....


So vote in the poll!

Go read the announcements if you haven't already!


Thank you!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,258 Posts
OK I'll bite

I'm willing to take it in the ear first....

When I come on in the a.m. you have 3 or 4 boxes up top...
today is still the Hilton Head one followed by the USA Today etc.

below that are 2 on turbo's

OK 88 here's my question....I look at these before I hit the new posts

Is this the correct process or am I still missing out on something.

Is there somewhere else I need to go to first also?


I'll be the guinea pig here.....spell it out please !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
No, sorry. I usually enter the forum from the front page when I first log on, then just keep hitting "New Posts" to see whats been updated on the active threads.

I don't usually go into a specific Forum/Sub-forum unless I am starting a new thread.

To tell the truth, I didn't even realize we had Announcements 'til I saw this poll and went looking for them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
I do look at one thing and I believe the day light savings time post date stamp is wrong. Druid-2 just posted his thread and I no the time is wrong because he lives just about 30-45 minutes from me. It is approx.2:41PM.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,258 Posts
Tom...several times I have changed my time zone to EST
somehow I always revert to Newfoundland time
I asked the mods to help me fix it (it was referred to Troy)
never got fixed

so I've just reconciled myself to living in St. John's for the rest of my forum life !!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
driud, I believe it is the forum that has not changed their time. My laptop has the current (correct time). By the way hope you had a great time this past Sunday. I will PM you later.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,475 Posts
buckeyewilky said:
I do look at one thing and I believe the day light savings time post date stamp is wrong. Druid-2 just posted his thread and I no the time is wrong because he lives just about 30-45 minutes from me. It is approx.2:41PM.
YES the server has not change the time stamp, I made the comment also but Troy or any of the Super Mods have acknowledged it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,258 Posts
based on the fact that

a....every member posting this thread is on EST now
b. this trail is ....progressive

this forum is located somewhere in the middle of the Sargasso Sea

between 3.5 and 4 hours off shore !!!
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
druid-2 said:
I'm willing to take it in the ear first....

When I come on in the a.m. you have 3 or 4 boxes up top...
today is still the Hilton Head one followed by the USA Today etc.

below that are 2 on turbo's

OK 88 here's my question....I look at these before I hit the new posts

Is this the correct process or am I still missing out on something.

Is there somewhere else I need to go to first also?


I'll be the guinea pig here.....spell it out please !!!
What page are you on when you see these? Is it the main intro page at www.solsticeforum.com ?

The announcements will be listed in the sub forums at the top of the page such as at this link. http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As for forum time, thats not my thing. As mentioned, it was referred to Troy. He runs 8 forums, (or however many there are) with Corvetteforum dwarfing us and the others, and is usually fairly busy. He'd be the one to look into it.

That said, lets keep this thread on topic. We have discussed time stamps elsewhere in the site help forum. Thanks!
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dengel said:
No, sorry. I usually enter the forum from the front page when I first log on, then just keep hitting "New Posts" to see whats been updated on the active threads.

I don't usually go into a specific Forum/Sub-forum unless I am starting a new thread.

To tell the truth, I didn't even realize we had Announcements 'til I saw this poll and went looking for them.
Ah, if a lot of people surf the forum like you do, they would miss the announcements! Good to know! Maybe it would be beneficial then for us (mods) to do a post in conjunction with posting an announcement in the future to get maximum exposure. Viewing rates are already up on them with this post!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
I don't even see the announcements. Where are they? :willy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,258 Posts
answer to Q 1 yes that is where I am
(I rarely "log off" so I m just WELCOMED BACK...)

answer to Q2 I see where you have the announcements when I click on the hyperlink...but other than that I still can't find where the announcements are posted

I've gone out to forums...and scanned top to bottom.

I'd read 'em if I knew where they were

please help me I've fallen down and I can't get up !!!
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
druid-2 said:
answer to Q 1 yes that is where I am
(I rarely "log off" so I m just WELCOMED BACK...)

answer to Q2 I see where you have the announcements when I click on the hyperlink...but other than that I still can't find where the announcements are posted

I've gone out to forums...and scanned top to bottom.

I'd read 'em if I knew where they were

please help me I've fallen down and I can't get up !!!
Ok, where you see the announcements after clicking on the link, you then have to "click" the announcement to open it up. The announcement title is also a hyperlink. :cheers:

PS, I'll mention the timestamp issue again. See if I can get any feedback for you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,053 Posts
dengel said:
No, sorry. I usually enter the forum from the front page when I first log on, then just keep hitting "New Posts" to see whats been updated on the active threads.

I don't usually go into a specific Forum/Sub-forum unless I am starting a new thread.

To tell the truth, I didn't even realize we had Announcements 'til I saw this poll and went looking for them.
I'm the same way. I don't click on Forums unless I'm starting a new thread.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Ah, if a lot of people surf the forum like you do, they would miss the announcements! Good to know! Maybe it would be beneficial then for us (mods) to do a post in conjunction with posting an announcement in the future to get maximum exposure. Viewing rates are already up on them with this post!
I think a lot of us surf here that way. I don't go through the thread headers, I use quick link new posts, I don't see the stickies. You mods could do a bump on them once a day/week/month to make the more evident???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,258 Posts
OK 2 things

I just found the "ANNOUNCEMENTS" by using a different path...and I've read them.

Point 2.....I try to start local threads in the proper spot (Great Lakes for example)

when adding to an existing thread I just reply

When looking for something "archived" I'll go to the Member's list and find a likely one....that directs me to the thread in question most often than not

I'll read the announcements ...now that I know how to get to them !!!
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RODEO said:
I think a lot of us surf here that way. I don't go through the thread headers, I use quick link new posts, I don't see the stickies. You mods could do a bump on them once a day/week/month to make the more evident???
Announcements work a little different than regular threads, so they won't show up as "new posts."

I guess I didn't realize they did not show up with new posts. I rarely surf using new posts myself since there are always hundreds of new ones! :willy:

The advantage of them is that I can do one announcement and it shows in all forums. If I did it with a post, I'd have to make a new post in each section and sticky it.

But it's good to know most people are not seeing them. I wonder if the software would allow us to get them into the "new posts" page. I'll have top check on that.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top