Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you do... you should be shot..... I'm a smoker and it blows my mind that someone at GM was dumb enough to offer a smokers package in this car.... I hope they fired him..... :lol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
jerzkid said:
If you do... you should be shot..... I'm a smoker and it blows my mind that someone at GM was dumb enough to offer a smokers package in this car.... I hope they fired him..... :lol:
:lol: I won't ride in or buy a car that has been smoked in (well, unless they were smokin' the tires!) because they just smell nasty!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
jerzkid said:
Shooting them? That is a little extreme, isn't it? :glol:

Don't worry, they will be punished when they burn a hole through the fabric top! :lol:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
jerzkid said:
Well, I'm not a smoker, but I got the smoker's package.

When I realized how little storage space there is in this car, I figured I would need the ashtray/cup holder insert to hold my change! :lol:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I won't drink and drive, either (that's any liquid, mind you!)

That's why I can't understand all this banter about cup holders............who friggin' cares!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
dengel said:
Well, I'm not a smoker, but I got the smoker's package.

When I realized how little storage space there is in this car, I figured I would need the ashtray/cup holder insert to hold my change! :lol:
How much extra space did it give?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Pure Law said:
I won't drink and drive, either (that's any liquid, mind you!)

That's why I can't understand all this banter about cup holders............who friggin' cares!!!!!!!!
I do. I often like to have something in the car. A bottle of water, can of pop, etc.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Edit Guy said: "How much extra space did it give?"

Enough space to hold five quarters?

My daughter and her friends smoked in her Jetta. Yep, burn holes in the seats! Not exactly members of Mensa, eh?

As you know, Mensa is the worldwide membership organization that requires a very high IQ to join. Does anyone know what mensa means in Colombia? It means moron! That is hilarious!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I do. I often like to have something in the car. A bottle of water, can of pop, etc.
Same here. When you live in the desert and you take a drive, you would be a fool not to!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Formula, I usually have bottled water with me all the time, too, I just can't understand the criticism of something this incidental. But, then again, I would never risk spilling anything in my new ride........

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Pure Law said: "Probably doubled the storage space!!"

That was WAY better than my wisecrack!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

That's an SSS "seven smile salute"!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Pure Law said:
Formula, I usually have bottled water with me all the time, too........
Uuuuhhhh, aren't you the guy who just said you won't drink ANY LIQUID in your Solstice? How are you consuming this non-liquid water, sucking on ice cubes? :glol:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Pure Law said: "That's why I can't understand all this banter about cup holders............who friggin' cares!!!!!!!!"

I agree, I'm not using the cup holders. But mine keeps opening all by itself. Starting to become a pain.

I guess I could use the cup holders for extra space, I suppose.

·
Registered
73 Posts
dengel said:
Uuuuhhhh, aren't you the guy who just said you won't drink ANY LIQUID in your Solstice? How are you consuming this non-liquid water, sucking on ice cubes? :glol:
No, It's so darn hot down here that I just unscrew the cap and let the vapors waft up to my face!!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
:)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
My Benz didn't have ANY cup holders.

Those Germans aren't fans of open beverages... or cell phones... or anything to distract your driving.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Yea, can you picture Hans going down the Autobahn, smoking, drinking a soda, and talking on the cell phone at 140 MPH?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I have never smoked in a car, or anywhere else for that matter.:lol: I suppose you could argue the ashtray is for those times when you are waiting for someone, i.e. parked.

As far as drinking goes. The afternoon I picked up my 330Ci, was our last really pleasant day and so I headed up into the hills to reacquaint myself with driving a sports car and see some autumn leaves. After driving for an hour or so I was very thirsty, so stopped and bought a bottle of water. I was delighted to discover that the bottle was held securely in a cup holder that was offset to the right so as not to interfer with the gear shift (clever these German engineers). But I didn't try to drink the water and negotiate the curves on the road and shift gears. I waited until I stopped.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
You guys are tough. A good cigar, a diet pop and the top down, what more can you ask for? :lol:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts