Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't get me wrong, I love my aggressive red, but sometimes It would be nice to have a color less flashy. Also, I always didn't want a red car because I don't like how the tail lights blend in with the paint.
When I start looking at 550 spyders pics/vids I can really appreciate colors like silver, I think it really shows the shape and curves of a car; especially if it is metallic.
I really like the Solstice in Dark blue and Black, I don't know why, I just do... and white really shows off the tail lights on the solstice.

Anyways, Thought I would just share some random thoughts... Please share what you like about different colors on the solstice or other cars.

·
Premium Member
17,536 Posts
I found the red a nice color until I observed it next to the wife's green car over the course of several months. The green was metalic with lots of sparkels. It changed tone with the light and my red car was . . . red.

So I had mine repainted.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have red and honestly, I love it. I feel it makes the grills in the front end stand out more, and the street edition headlights finish it off nice. I have to do something about those silver pieces though :lol:. After coming from a yellow Cobalt SS, a red Solstice is a nice change of pace. Afterall, people write songs about cruising in red droptops for a reason ;)

As far as other colors go (and this is just my opinion), black is meh unless you blacken everything out (headlights, tails, stuff like that), yellow is only good on certain cars (I haven't seen yellow on a sol/sky so idk), silver is too common and plain for me (it might as well be beige :leaving:). All in all, I could really see myself owing just about any color other than silver.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
You can always plasti-dip the car. It comes off later too.
I have gotten a bit tired of black, so I started playing around on Forza. I came up with a design I liked and decided to give it a try using plastidip. I rattle canned the entire car. Took forever and was very painful on the fingers, but it turned out pretty cool! I may very well have the car officially painted like this. That OR a metallic version of hydro blue. We'll see.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
^ wow that looks freakin cool!

Aaron, I agree with you on how it makes the silver pop. I think the headlights is what bothers me the most. I need to get paint the insides black.

·
Premium Member
17,536 Posts
^ wow that looks freakin cool!

Aaron, I agree with you on how it makes the silver pop. I think the headlights is what bothers me the most. I need to get paint the insides black.
Actually if you use Easy Off oven leaner to th move the chrome you will have black. Pics in my thread or Soups

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
This is a good thread. I really liked the sly but like the cool better when I got the GXP. However, the 06 paint is a bit weathered and it has it's fair share of rock chips and I have been thinking on painting it with 2012 Nissan Electric Blue. I already have a pint and could probably do the whole car if I had one more can. I'll post photo's if I decide to go for itt.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
How many plasti dip rattle cans does it take to cover the entire vehicle?

Way too many... lol

About 20 at $5ea. It would have been a lot less if I wasn't going from black to white. It took forever to cover the black and even still it showed through in certain lighting situations. If I had a brighter color to start, it could be done in less than 10-15.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Mine is Envious with a sand top and sand and steel interior it reminds me of a Triumph TR6 that I had in the early 70's just love the way it looks on a Solstice and you don't see too many in this color combination .

·
Registered
413 Posts
When I was looking I thought red or yellow but when I saw a premium painted brazen (inferno) orange with a black stripe I knew I had to have it. The metallic in it is gorgeous. It sometimes looks red but always look WOW!

Solo Dio
08 Solstice GXP Brazen / Inferno Orange

·
Registered
398 Posts
No, I was looking for silver or white. The only manual turbo coupe I could find was black. Now I wish I had a wicked or brazen coupe.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yes, we love ours, but like others have said almost any color looks great on the Kappas. After Seeing the pictures of OSUcherokee's car and as I have to put down a protecting strip for our kappasphere rack I was going to use white plastidip but now I may give black a go. Hmmmm

Bert

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Didn't have much choice here on coupes.

The one I'd have grabbed was a lovely blue, but it was also automatic so I had no interest in that. There were several black, but have never been a fan. I found a red in Alberta but they wanted an extra $1,000 to ship it in - didn't want it that much. Settled on the gray and have been quite happy with it. Already had 4 red cars at the time.

I'd have bought a green in a flash - but they never made them in that colour, so I was out of luck.

·
Premium Member
17,536 Posts
:thumbs:
Didn't have much choice here on coupes.

The one I'd have grabbed was a lovely blue, but it was also automatic so I had no interest in that. There were several black, but have never been a fan. I found a red in Alberta but they wanted an extra $1,000 to ship it in - didn't want it that much. Settled on the gray and have been quite happy with it. Already had 4 red cars at the time.

I'd have bought a green in a flash - but they never made them in that colour, so I was out of luck.
Custom Painting and Suto Body Repair Littleton, CO | Chip Magic LLC

they can make your dreams come true LOL

1 - 20 of 39 Posts