Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 6'05" tall. Do you think I will fit in a Solstice? Is there any indication to the maximun driver height for this car? Any links you can send me about this?

I can't wait until they are in dealer showrooms so I can see if I fit.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I am 5'07" tall... eek... I dunno. I keep hearing that it will be just fine for people in the 6'1-6'3 area... Lutz himself is a tall man.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
There's been indications taller driver might have a chance. There's a pic in the gallery of an Asian presenter at a car show somewhere who was 6'3" or 6'4". In NY this past weekend I overheard a presenter at Saturn Sky display who said he was 6'4".

·
Registered
76 Posts
bob95065 said:
I am 6'05" tall. Do you think I will fit in a Solstice? Is there any indication to the maximun driver height for this car? Any links you can send me about this?

I can't wait until they are in dealer showrooms so I can see if I fit.
Unless G.M. is blowin smoke up our skirts with their official headroom and legroom specs, you will have NO problem getting into a Solstice.
I'm 6'5" tall and my Z4 has about 1" less headroom and approx 1" less legroom than the official specs of the Solstice and I sit in my Z4 comfortably.
So I full expect to be even more comfortable in a Solstice.
Be thankful you're not only 6' tall or you might not reach the gas pedal.. :lol:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Skyward said:
Unless G.M. is blowin smoke up our skirts with their official headroom and legroom specs, you will have NO problem getting into a Solstice.
I'm 6'5" tall and my Z4 has about 1" less headroom and approx 1" less legroom than the official specs of the Solstice and I sit in my Z4 comfortably.
So I full expect to be even more comfortable in a Solstice.
Be thankful you're not only 6' tall or you might not reach the gas pedal.. :lol:
And everyone keeps dismissing my concern... I'm 5'7! Everyone is worried about people being big enough. I'm worried I'll be too small... oh well, there's always phonebooks.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Fortimir said:
And everyone keeps dismissing my concern... I'm 5'7! Everyone is worried about people being big enough. I'm worried I'll be too small... oh well, there's always phonebooks.
Because historicaly Roadsters have always been short guy friendly. I don't think GM would mess that part up just to allow extremely tall people to fit in it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
im 5'6" and im thinking that by the time i get my seat where it needs to be, i will have more storage space behind my seat than in the trunk! :willy:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Fortimir said:
I'm 5'7! Everyone is worried about people being big enough. I'm worried I'll be too small... oh well, there's always phonebooks.
That's what adjustable seats are for! I'm figuring that since I am only 5'5", that maybe I can slide the seat forward enough to fit a few items behind the seat. :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
really short

My wife is only 4 - 11 3/4" - she rides on the steering wheel to reach the peddles now - I may have to duct tape some 2x4 blocks on them or on her butt! :lol: :lol: She has ordered the aggresive red w/ black leather. Or as we call it - resale red! :cool: She has also ordered a plate - SOLSTIS - sorry, only 7 letters in Florida!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Well if they seats are like they are in the Miata (for me it's a bad thing) the rails slope upwards the closer you get. That way as you get closer to the steering wheel with the seat the higher up it moves the seat.

·
Registered
275 Posts
brentil said:
Well if they seats are like they are in the Miata (for me it's a bad thing) the rails slope upwards the closer you get. That way as you get closer to the steering wheel with the seat the higher up it moves the seat.
its a neat thought, but i think i would prefer otherwise. thats what adjustable seats are for.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Damn your tall! I thought I was in a bad postion at 6'3. Interestingly enough there is .4 inches more leg room in the car then a grand prix. However we lose almost 4 inches "trying to remember exactly" thats my only worry. The gp is pretty wide in the shoulder area for me but 4 inches is a lot of lose in a car.

One thing ive noticed is it seems the center console comes up high could be interesting for us longer arm folk to interact with the higher console and lower shoulder area.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
brian carpenter said:
My wife is only 4 - 11 3/4" - she rides on the steering wheel to reach the peddles now - I may have to duct tape some 2x4 blocks on them or on her butt! :lol: :lol: She has ordered the aggresive red w/ black leather. Or as we call it - resale red! :cool: She has also ordered a plate - SOLSTIS - sorry, only 7 letters in Florida!
Hmm... short girls are hot. Good catch.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
swatthefly said:
its a neat thought, but i think i would prefer otherwise. thats what adjustable seats are for.
In general seats that adjust up and down are only available on power seats. Which since the Solstice doesn't have power seats you're not going to get any of those types of adjustments.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
size matters

Im 6'2 and I fit in the Solstice amazingly, huge amount of leg room and lots of shoulder, waist and room from the wheel to your torso. dont worry bob, you will fit.

·
Registered
275 Posts
brentil said:
In general seats that adjust up and down are only available on power seats. Which since the Solstice doesn't have power seats you're not going to get any of those types of adjustments.
if power seats are available on the sky, i dont see why you guys cant get em for your solstice?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
mceb said:
There's been indications taller driver might have a chance. There's a pic in the gallery of an Asian presenter at a car show somewhere who was 6'3" or 6'4". In NY this past weekend I overheard a presenter at Saturn Sky display who said he was 6'4".
This was at the Houston show. He said he was 6'-3". 'Cuz I'm right around 6'-4", if I will fit is my biggest concern as well. Although he wouldn't let me sit in it, he showed that he could fit comfortably. His right knee was just above the bottom of the wheel, but there was at least an inch of clearance between it and the wheel and, at the same time, between it and the center console. So, yes your knees will be on either side of the wheel but side to side space is where the Solstice excels. For that matter, he didn't adjust the steering wheel but I don't think it was raised all the way. Although he slid in without problem, we may have to raise it for ingress/egress. All in all, it looked very promising. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
The problem will be with the relationship of the top. My Miata has the top set in from the edge of the door. This helps a taller person get into the car without hitting his head. Although this looks great, it becomes a problem when you open the door in the rain. Water runs off the edge of the top and onto the seat. It won't take you long to get used to a twist and drop way of entering the car. It works great on my Miata after you get used to it. My wife still has problems at times but she hasn't ridden in the car every day like I have.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts