Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

How does the rear end of the Sky compare to the Solstice?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do you think the Sky's REAR END looks similar to that of the Solstice?

OK ... there was some discussion of this in another thread, so I'm curious to see what everybody else thinks. How similar do you think the Sky's REAR END is to that of the Solstice?

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
They do look similar but the overall appearance of the cars in
are distinctive in their styling.
That is why I ordered both.
When will the REDLINE be ready and how much it will cost
are questions that remain to be answered.
The wait for SOL #240 is tough enough but at least I will
be driving it while waiting for the REDLINE.
I must say my better half is much more patient waiting for
the DEEP than I am and thinks the SKY is the better looking
of the TWINS. I will treat them equally and plan to give one to
each of my daughters when I lose my lose my ability to drive.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I voted very different just because I didn't want to vote for very similar, but in reality I think it is between the two.

There is some resemblance for sure, but there are many detail changes. The rear lights are different, both in shape and location (4 lenses on the Sol, two on the Saturn) the Saturn has a character line around the lower corners not on the Sol. Might be those pics too, but the Saturn appears to have a bit more curvature around the back of the car.

At any rate, they look like the same family of car, but I would never mistake one for the other.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Something that isn't quite that visible in this picture of the Saturn is the crease or sharp corner that extends back from one front headlight, down the side, around the back of the car and back to the other headlight. It changes the round rear of the Solstice to a more abrupt square ending.

But, in spite of this, because of the headrest nacelles, I voted they were similar.

·
Registered
169 Posts
:agree:
Fformula88 said:
I voted very different just because I didn't want to vote for very similar, but in reality I think it is between the two.

There is some resemblance for sure, but there are many detail changes. The rear lights are different, both in shape and location (4 lenses on the Sol, two on the Saturn) the Saturn has a character line around the lower corners not on the Sol. Might be those pics too, but the Saturn appears to have a bit more curvature around the back of the car.

At any rate, they look like the same family of car, but I would never mistake one for the other.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not similar in any good way no. The rear of the solstice is one of my favorite parts while the rear of the Sky is one of my least favorite parts of that car.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry about not putting in a choice on the middle ground. I thought about it, but figured everybody would sit on the fence and I really wanted to see the numbers for those who felt pretty strongly about it one way or the other. It does appear that a majority see it as a strong resemblance, but I was a bit surprised there were as many as there were who saw it as a big difference. Thanks for the input. Personally, I think the differences are very slight. Yes, I can see the differences, but I feel they the overall appearance is very close.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts