Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Will you be among the first to own a Solstice?

• Too many issues I am not sure about to say.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Given that we think we know a lot about this Kappa and that some of us are talking about giving dealers down payments, what's your position?

Note: This is a multiple selection poll which means you can vote for more than one line item. It was supposed to ID us with our selection as well, but I don't see that anywhere.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I went with maybe for this poll as I really have not decided yet.

If the Solstice is going to hit dealers sometime in late spring to mid summer, I will most get one right away. I most likely will not pre-order the car since I want to sit in it and drive it to be sure I like how I fit in the car and its driving experience first. I love roadsters, but there are a number of them I wouldn't want to own based on seating position.

If the Solstice is not going to be out until late summer and into the fall, I may wait to buy one. It partly depends on exactly when it is released, and whether I will know anything about a higher output engine. I wonb't be driving the car in the winter, so if it isn't avalable until fall I won't be able to get much use out of it anyway. So if I know a higher output car will be availabe the next year, it I'd rather wait for it than having a Solstice sit in my garage for 5 months.

So I'll see. I am hoping GM gives us more details at the Detroit Auto Show.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Maybe. Would like to see a road test of a production model first, and also be sure that there is an acceptable color offered during the first model year.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yes but I will watch closely the early press reviews. At 5'8" I'm hoping I won't have a fit problem.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Went with Yes!. Figure by the time they hit the showrooms, I'll have sat in one to allay my only lingering doubt (might have to bribe someone at a car show). I'm sure the performance will meet expectations and as for quality issues...I've lived with GM's worse, anything else is a plus. The poor old beater I'm driving is not long for this earth and won't hold out for a fall release date.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I went with maybe also. It'll mainly depend on what official infomation we get about it soon, and official information about he Saturn Kappa too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Saving my pennies and count the days,

Let me at them, I want to own one as soon as I can. The style alone is my selling point. Heck the horn and exhust sound sold me my first new car. 1969 Roadrunner. That car had two options in the list.

1. AM radio
2. 426 Hemi High Output.

Lets play. :seeya

·
Registered
172 Posts
brentil said:
I went with maybe also. It'll mainly depend on what official infomation we get about it soon, and official information about he Saturn Kappa too.
Get both! :smile

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pajarito69 said:
Let me at them, I want to own one as soon as I can. The style alone is my selling point. Heck the horn and exhust sound sold me my first new car. 1969 Roadrunner. That car had two options in the list.

1. AM radio
2. 426 Hemi High Output.

Lets play. :seeya
Back in the day nobody had to ask "got a hemi in that thing?". You just knew! :yesnod I thought the rubber floor mats were an option too?

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
I am in dire need of a "new" Roadster fix, gave my old one to my brother( I only had it for ~36 years).

The Solstice is a dream car for me. At my age I am getting sorta tired of bolt on windows and other '60's amenities.

Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would I want one soonest- Hellyes!!! :thumbs
Can I get one soonest - maybe??? :rolleyes

The old car died and I had to get another this year (04sebringvert). It is, to be honest, an excellent top down experience, but, it is most assuredly NOT a roadster.

Since my original concerns about power have been answered (2.2L SC 240BHP mated to a manual 6 speed) I would rather have the Solstice. I am changing cars again next May/June. If the solstice is out, I get it. :smile If it isn't out, I wait till spring 2006. :mad

Either way, I plan on a good topless summer.

:cheers
Ron

·
Registered
753 Posts
how about a 170hp with a 5 speed? the 240hp and 6 speed was the spec for the concept car.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
GOF said:
(2.2L SC 240BHP mated to a manual 6 speed)
I think you saw this in another thread already, but the 2.2L 240 HP motor listed on the GM of Canada website is the engine in the original concept car, and is not going to be the production engine (at least right off the bat). The production engine will be a 2.4L DOHC motor with 170 HP with a 5 speed manual as cdb pointed out. Hopefully, a more powerful engine will be available for year two.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I will wait til after GM fills the pipeline, and hopefully work a lot of OT to pay for one. :thumbs

·
Registered
533 Posts
TomDoc said:
I will wait til after GM fills the pipeline, and hopefully work a lot of OT to pay for one. :thumbs
TomDoc, we're all waiting for you to start to filling up that pipeline. Glad to see that you are still here.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Been a little while but Im back in action! happy new year all. I will ammend my Yes! vote to HELL YES! although I believe that Ill probably lease my first solstice, and wait to see what kind of turbo/super charged model they come out with, whatever they decide to do. If pontiac put out a concrete statement saying they werent going to SC or TC it Id buy it and wait for aftermarkets. :party

1 - 20 of 21 Posts