Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the size of it's trunk and how it will compare to other convertibles? I know it won't be much, I'm not a golfer, but a baseball player and need to fit my gear.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
By all accounts it's HUGE. Apparently you can even fit a Myan Pyramid in there! :)

Just kidding... It's pretty small - lots of discussion about it here if you do a search. Plan to not be carrying too much back there.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ben! Essentially, there will be less than 2 cubic feet of space when the top is down. Poke around the forum, do a search for "trunk" and you will find lots of information, pictures, etc.

brentil said:
Welcome to the forums, but sorry I can't help it.
:brentil:
[/url]
Yep, definately calls for a :brentil:

(Inside joke) :jester:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
BUT, apparently you can:

Fit a medium/small golf bag in the trunk with the top down,
Fit two medium/small golf bags in the trunk with the top up,
and fit a set of hockey equipment and bag (not goalie!) in the trunk with the top down (but not IN the bag - you have to get creative with the item placement)[per someone's post that I can't recall right now]

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
Just so it holds a case of BUDWISER

Might be able to squeeze in two cases of Lienenkugel! ( If you takes them out the box first! :lol: )

·
Registered
281 Posts
Kind of an annoyance that it only opens the "wrong" way, too. I mean, if you have a case of wine, you're going to have to hoist it high over the rear fender. I don't think I'd trust small petite ladies with tight jeans to carry small and heavy packages to the car, they'd lean against the car, and scratch it.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
swatthefly said:
run over the cooler with a semi. the pieces will fit. :lol:
That is kind of like how that hockey bag fit. It fit fine, but you had to dump everything out of it and put it in piecemeal!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Yup! Good news is your a baseball player and not a golfer. It appears a bat or two will fit across the very back. A glove or two can fit under the top and behind the gas tank. We've seen a picture with a pair of shoes beside the gas tank. A few balls can be stashed in any hole that might be left over (no need to worry about them rolling around). An empty nylon duffle bag can be thrown on top of the folded roof and squashed to fit under the combination deck lid/trash compactor! :)

But if your a catcher, you might want to look into getting a luggage rack or changing positions. :lol:

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Batman said:
Kind of an annoyance that it only opens the "wrong" way, too. I mean, if you have a case of wine, you're going to have to hoist it high over the rear fender. I don't think I'd trust small petite ladies with tight jeans to carry small and heavy packages to the car, they'd lean against the car, and scratch it.

It's really no different than it would be if it opened the 'normal' way. You;'d have to reach over the rear end of the car to put something into the trunk instead of reaching over the sides. And if you have a small petitie lady in tight jeans reaching over putting stuff in your Solstice, i think you have nothing to complain about :D

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
ddecart said:
And if you have a small petitie lady in tight jeans reaching over putting stuff in your Solstice, i think you have nothing to complain about :D
Other than the traffic tie up it'd create :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I can now understand where the hump in the trunk comes from now. Look at the rear crossbrace from the frame photo.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Delnari said:
I can now understand where the hump in the trunk comes from now. Look at the rear crossbrace from the frame photo.
Yeah, that's the top part that goes across the fuel tank from what we can gather. All the tubes/wires/etc would be under there ontop of the fuel tank.

·
Registered
177 Posts
the trunk is actually the glove box and you should probably keep your bat on the passenger seat anyhow to thwart off would be carjackers and overly obnoxiuos jealous onlookers :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts