Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any ever check this site?

I just found some very interesting info that I haven't run across on this forum (maybe its deeper in the dates).

For instance this article on allocations:

PORTLAND, Ore. - If you're a big-volume Pontiac dealer in a hot, sunny state, consider yourself lucky. If not, you might wait awhile to get the new Solstice roadster on your lot.

With 13,000 orders in hand, Pontiac has devised a dealership allocation plan based on a combination of "turn and earn" and geography.

Turn and earn means dealerships that have the highest sales volume for the past 12 months will get a Solstice before smaller dealerships, Chris Ayotte, Pontiac marketing manager for small cars, said at an event here last month.

Pontiac also will consider where the roadster segment is strongest, which is typically in sunny and warm climates, says Mark-Hans Richer, Pontiac marketing director.

"We have a distribution strategy that does have a small skew toward sunnier climates," Richer says. "At the same time we want to make sure we take care of our Pontiac dealers.

"Many of our largest dealers happen to be in more North Central and North Eastern markets. So we've taken a balanced approach whereby everyone gets taken care of but maybe at different times."

Richer says during winter, Northern markets might not get as many Solstices. Distribution would flow to Southern areas. In the spring, distribution would flow back to Northern dealers.

Continue Reading.... http://www.autonews.com/article.cms?articleId=54445

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
There was a similar specification in the EOP's regulations which stated that a dealer's 5 car maximum allotment would be based upon their prior G6 sales.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Yes, this explains why the Canadian dealers are getting shafted on their first allocation. Mine was supposed to get nine cars, so far they have two. When you have sold orders, however, this makes no sense. I can see shuffling dealer inventory orders, but customer orders should get priority NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE.

Also explains why I cancelled my order. As a customer, I got tired of being treated like my order wasn't worth as much as one from some other location.

GM's new tag line should be
"Going out of business by losing one customer at a time"

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pittsburgh Lacks Sun

Maybe this is why dealers here heve so few allocations. My dealer only has one for 2nd allocation period but they are one of the largest in Western PA - lucky for me I'm it. They are trying to change one of their stock orders already picked up by GM to my order - will find out on Tuesday. Fingers Crossed.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
It's been a somewhat of a labyrinth trying to follow GM's logic as it applies to production and distribution. Whenever I think I have it figured out, there's another post somewhere with a whole different angle.
My dealer said that his allotment was 13 cars. I directed a forum member to the dealer and that member became #12 on the dealer list. The member got his car a month ago. Mine was just built with a delivery date in December. Why? Did he pay cash in full? Did he order cloth seats? Who knows. I think it's horsepuckets.
Good luck to you, MomsSol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts