Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to see a picture of the underside of the convertible top in the up position, along with a view of the back side where those two little panels are located on the Silver area right behind the seats...do they hide part of the top mechanicals?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
Yes, but I can't post pictures yet, so....

Go to the Gallery
Do a search for "all"
Go to page #4 (as of today, 8/4 @ 10:40 am)
See pictures called: Roof Inside, Roof Mechanism (sorry it's blurry), and Roof In Trunk.

I think these will help you a little.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,509 Posts


The flaps fold up to allow the support structure to be vertical and flush with the rear.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
585 Posts
After looking at these pictures again I’m wondering how a liner will fit in there. Will it snap in somehow or will it be installed at the factory as an integral part of the top at assembly? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
flaj said:
After looking at these pictures again I’m wondering how a liner will fit in there. Will it snap in somehow or will it be installed at the factory as an integral part of the top at assembly? :confused:
sorry to be the one to break the bad news... no liner. what you see is what you get. you'll be able to see the ribs from the inside.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
swatthefly said:
sorry to be the one to break the bad news... no liner. what you see is what you get. you'll be able to see the ribs from the inside.
There is a liner coming - Oregon Solstice or one of the Portland guys posted that it is coming. You will be able to see the ribs from the inside, but the hardware shown in the pics is covered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
According to recently released training materials there will be a premium headliner available this fall. Not sure if it will be a dealer installed or factory installed item though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys Thats what I wanted to see..... :grouphug:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Breeze said:
According to recently released training materials there will be a premium headliner available this fall. Not sure if it will be a dealer installed or factory installed item though.
All those items listed are accessories so they're dealer installed. Some of them are simple enough though that you can install them yourself to save some money. Like the floor matts, or smokers package. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,302 Posts
wonders if the liner will have to be removed to lower and stow the roof???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
PAO said:
wonders if the liner will have to be removed to lower and stow the roof???
Wonder no more. Nope. The top goes up and down with the liner installed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
solsticeman said:
Wonder no more. Nope. The top goes up and down with the liner installed.
*overjoyed*

i was all bracing myself to live with the parts exposed. i dont mind the looks of it, but i can just picture someone catching their fingers in something.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top