Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have problems editing old posts

I wait and wait and wait but always get the message "You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days "

Is that really the case or is the threshold system broken ? I have the feeling it is broken, but I am not sure.

So I will now not edit for 7 days to see if that solves the problem.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Just tried to edit a 3 month old post to see what would happen and got the same error. Doesn't make sense to get the "You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days" error message...

·
Administrator
9,240 Posts
Here’s the info provide in the Help section (bottom of every page) in the Release Updates.

Editing Posts
The new edit limits feature includes unlimited editing of new posts - fix that typo or add more details as often as you like, within 24 hours of posting.
To summarize how editing works, members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.
No mention of a 30 day limit.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Momsol, can you edit old post yourself ? When using your normal user account of course.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Just tried to edit a 5 day old post and got the same error. I know I haven't edited even close to 10 posts in the last 7 days, something's up.

·
Super Moderator
7,008 Posts
I think I remember seeing that you can (now) only edit a post for 24 hours, after which it's locked.

@JohnWR ?
What you are supposed to be able to do is edit a limited number of posts withing a given time frame. The 10 posts in 7 days that Sly Bob mentioned sounds correct.
I do not think that is working, so you may only have the 24 hours. I have been intending to set up a non-moderator account for myself so that I can test this sort of thing, but ......

Until the editing permissions get fixed I will continue to be happy to do whatever editing anyone wants. Just send me a PM with the request along with whatever new text you want inserted.
I know that is not the optimum solution, but it is the best I can offer.

·
Administrator
516 Posts
Hello all,

Sorry for the delayed response, we have a bit of a backlog.

There is a current bug with the "edit window" feature and it is currently in QA

Once the spam and performance issues are resolved we will start working bugs and new features again.

Jeff M

1 - 10 of 10 Posts