Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am fairly new to the forum, so let me introduce myself 1st. I am out of Northern Cali, and my last car was a 1996 Chrysler Sebring Convt. I was hooked on convertibles after that car. I saw the Solstice, and fell in love with it right away.

My main question is, does anyone know what is the tallest you can be to fit in this car. I am 6'4 and about 275lbs. I did a search to sorta find the closest car that I thought might be in the same dimensions asthe Solstice and that car was the (BMW Z4). I was shocked to find that there is a huge difference.

Spec on both cars.

BMW Z4

Pontiac Solstice

I was going to go over to a BMW dealership and attempt (lol) to fit into a Z4.
I know that the interior will be different, but I am hoping that I can fit. I would hate to have to drop out of the WL on this car. The only back up plan I have for a car if this one doesn't float is either a 350Z or a 300C Chrysler that I would bling up.

Here to keeping my fingers crossed.

:leaving:

·
Premium Member
10,409 Posts
Solo said:
Hello All,

I am fairly new to the forum, so let me introduce myself 1st. I am out of Northern Cali, and my last car was a 1996 Chrysler Sebring Convt. I was hooked on convertibles after that car. I saw the Solstice, and fell in love with it right away.

My main question is, does anyone know what is the tallest you can be to fit in this car. I am 6'4 and about 275lbs. I did a search to sorta find the closest car that I thought might be in the same dimensions asthe Solstice and that car was the (BMW Z4). I was shocked to find that there is a huge difference.

Spec on both cars.

BMW Z4

Pontiac Solstice

I know that the interior will be different, but I am hoping that I can fit. I would hate to have to drop out of the WL on this car. The only back up plan I have for a car if this one doesn't float is either a 350Z or a 300C Chrysler that I would bling up.

Welcome to the forum,
There are a couple of threads on this subject, there maybe even something on the FAQ.
However I believe that if you fit on the Z4 you may also fit on the SOL.
I suggest you do the search or go to the FAQ because SM (our supermod) has very good info on this subject.

·
4,592 Posts
Welcome Solo!

I asked this question a long time back, and the consensus was a BMW-Z4 was the closest to the Sol in regards to interior size. I'm pretty sure that will hold up, let's see what everyone else says!

I've been in a MSM (mi*ta) for four months, and 3 days ago, I sat in the Z4 for the first time, it seemed huge. The wife thought it was way too big.

I'm 200lbs, and 6'0", and I like the NB miata fit. But we've had 5'9" members here who couldn't put the NB miata top up without their heads going through the roof Fred Flintone style :brentil:

Hope the Sol fits! :)

p.s., there are some great threads on this subject, maybe someone can take a minute to link them here. Especially Solsticman's "sitting eye height" one - or whatever it was called, good stuff there!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Very Tall

I'm 6'7" and I've have a Solstice on order. No matter what the stated legroom measurements a lot has to do with how each person is build.

When it come to a Z3 I can only fit into a '97.

I have absolutely no problem fitting in a Z4, but I love the looks of the Solstice.

The right side of my body can fit into a Miata, but I cannot close the driver door, becasue my left knee is located to the left of the steering wheel. and there is only 3" of room between the steering wheel and the door.

The old Alpha Romeo Spider Veloce actually fit perfectly.

When you look at the dimensions of the Solstice I believe that this car will fit very tall people.

I drove a couple of Mustangs for years. Teribly unfomfortable cars for a tall person, but I love convertibles.

The legroom in a Corvette is killer for me.

The best part about convertibles for tall people, you get an extra two inches of headroom over a coupe.

I have great hope, but we need to get somebody my size or my 6'9" son to sit in one of these to know for sure.

There were a lot of tall people from GM who these cars were designed around. So I have enough hope to buy one.

(Bob Lutz, if your lurking, I am willing to help you answer tall people' s quest. I am willing to pick up one of the first Solstice units in order to satisfy our very tall curiosity.)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Solo said:
Hello All,

Spec on both cars.

BMW Z4

Pontiac Solstice

Welcome. You and I have the same dimensions so I understand your concerns.
I found what looks like similar Z4 data but it also included a headroom dimension that was approximately 37.5". That is about one inch shorter than the Solstice. I have sat in a Z4 with the top up and it was nice and comfortable with plenty of head room. Chances are we larger guys will be just fine. :grouphug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts