Registered
193 Posts
Automatic in a roadster? Blasphemy! ;)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
ojohnson said:
Not if you have physical reasons why you can't shift. Then they're a blessing.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
ojohnson said:
I told my wife that it would not be available (even in '07) :devil: ... when she asked if they were going to make an automatic. ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Editguy said:
Not if you have physical reasons why you can't shift. Then they're a blessing.
True Editguy, I hadn't thought of it from that perspective.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
ojohnson said:
True Editguy, I hadn't thought of it from that perspective.
I might not have thought of it if I didn't have a friend with a leg that was damaged in a motorcycle accident. He's a real capable guy, but he can't use a clutch.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Maybe they could make an Sequential option. :confused: (like on the MR2) Shifting from the steereing wheel and "clutchless" would be nice! ;)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
Maybe they could make an Sequential option. :confused: (like on the MR2) Shifting from the steereing wheel and "clutchless" would be nice! ;)
Yeah, that would be a cool option!

·
Registered
139 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
I believe that GM is offering a 6-speed paddle shift automatic on the '06 Corvette, so it wouldn't totally surprise me if they did something like that with the Sol at some point in the future (e.g., with the turbo model).

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you want an automatic maybe you should consider the Cobalt. I think all 9000+ cars ordered to date are manual and GM is considering not offering an automatic since it takes away from the roadster concept.
:devil:

·
Registered
227 Posts
FINELY said:
I Will Order A Automatic Saturn Sky [ #1 On Local List :) ]

The Sol Will Be Mine And The Sky Is For My Wife.
Cool....I'll let you test drive my Solstice when I move to Atlanta.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sounds good....may end up being envious that I changed my color from deep to cool. You can let me know what you think after I get a Mallet Supercharger too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
www.malllettcars.com

He's a former racer turned into a conversion company specializing in GM conversions. Some of the forum members are spending 18K to have him convert their Sol's to V8 (same engine as the Vette)....with 6 speed transmission, new clutch. Basically a 45K version of a Cobra.

Oh...and for about 5-8K he'll offer Supercharger and Turbocharger upgrades which will produce about 300hp. Granted it probably voids your warranty on the engine and drive train.

·
Registered
139 Posts
general said:
and GM is considering not offering an automatic since it takes away from the roadster concept.
:devil:
"Optional 5-speed automatic transmission available early 2006" appears on the bottom of the Solstice homepage:
http://www.pontiac.com/solstice/index.jsp

Getting back to JKSIII's original question, I doubt if anyone will be able to predict anything more precise than "early 2006."

1 - 20 of 35 Posts