Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specifically, I'd like to know when the changes for the next model year will be announced. I'm interested in knowing about color changes (didn't the podcast say mid-year announcements on that?) and when we can expect to hear about the FI Solstice. I'm thinking NAIAS is too soon, but I can't think of any other times to announce (Chicago and NY follow NAIAS by only a couple of weeks, IIRC).

Tony

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Best guess is when all other cars end their model year around June of '06? Usually new MY cars start rolling out around September of any given year.

·
5,641 Posts
kiljoy said:
Specifically, I'd like to know when the changes for the next model year will be announced. I'm interested in knowing about color changes (didn't the podcast say mid-year announcements on that?) and when we can expect to hear about the FI Solstice. I'm thinking NAIAS is too soon, but I can't think of any other times to announce (Chicago and NY follow NAIAS by only a couple of weeks, IIRC).

Tony
Generally the dealerships are the first to know about year to year changes. They usually get that info in the end of March / beginning of April to get ready to place orders for start of production. Normally then the press releases come in the summer time around start of sale of the new models.

Now the high visability and good story of the Solstice may change the norm and earn a more public and earlier announcement of any changes for 2007. Chicago is a lot closer to Michigan than New York ;) .

If I was forced to make a prediction, I would guess Chicago.

If I was forced to make a bet, I would bet on Solstice Forum having the info first. :lol:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Small Dealer said:
If I was forced to make a bet, I would bet on Solstice Forum having the info first. :lol:
lol. i can agree with that one. my dealership hates these forums. i know more than they do. then again maybe they should just read the forums! :lol: that or GM/Pontiac get their act together and provide their dealers (and customers) with adequate information... (hint hint to GM/Pontiac)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Small Dealer said:
Generally the dealerships are the first to know about year to year changes. They usually get that info in the end of March / beginning of April to get ready to place orders for start of production. Normally then the press releases come in the summer time around start of sale of the new models.

Now the high visability and good story of the Solstice may change the norm and earn a more public and earlier announcement of any changes for 2007. Chicago is a lot closer to Michigan than New York ;) .

Thank you, Small Dealer. One followup, if you don't mind, can I read into your post that when you know, we'll know, and you'd actually be the first to know?

Or is that kind of information desimination frowned upon prior to the press release?

Tony

·
5,641 Posts
kiljoy said:
One followup, if you don't mind, can I read into your post that when you know, we'll know, and you'd actually be the first to know?

Or is that kind of information desimination frowned upon prior to the press release?

Including the handful+ of dealership people, there are many people here with many sources. In fact I came here in January and February to get infomation before Pontiac released it to dealerships.

Once the dealerships have any non-confidential info (not that we are always first), it is fair game, the cat is out of the bag.

·
Registered
111 Posts
scottjl said:
lol. i can agree with that one. my dealership hates these forums. i know more than they do. then again maybe they should just read the forums! :lol: that or GM/Pontiac get their act together and provide their dealers (and customers) with adequate information... (hint hint to GM/Pontiac)
Ditto :agree:

My dealer seems pretty perturbed at times that I have info they don't have (or haven't looked up lately) regarding production, shipping delays, quality holds, etc. Reciting my car's status using the event codes (heck, just using the phrase, "event codes") made them look at me sideways at first. :leaving:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Small Dealer said:
Including the handful+ of dealership people, there are many people here with many sources. In fact I came here in January and February to get infomation before Pontiac released it to dealerships.

Once the dealerships have any non-confidential info (not that we are always first), it is fair game, the cat is out of the bag.
Thank you again. As soon as you hear the word, "yellow," I trust you'll run to the computer to tell me. Especially if the word is followed by, "is one of the colors that will debut on the turbo."

Tony

·
Registered
363 Posts
Small Dealer said:

:agree:

·
Registered
87 Posts
June is usually the last of the current production year. July GM is shut down to reprogram the robots for the new model line-ups. So august is when the new model year is being produced. So that makes Sept when you can get the new model year. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts