Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You know when you raise the solstice top back up the 2 little flaps that move out of the way... they are attached to a wire.. and on the end of the wire there is a small plastice peice that holds the wire onto the flap so it can move up.....

Does anyone know the name of that plastic peice or would you have to buy a whole new wire? and if you have to buy the wire has anyone replaced it themself... and could give me tips

·
Registered
406 Posts
One of mine fell of so I just kinda made my own using foil tape and jamming it in the hole and it's held since I got the car last year

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
There was another thread on this board that listed out the part as Dave has above. I believe the poster on the Sky forum is being a little more cautious than need be as I'd put a paycheck on the cable clips being a standard GM part used on a number of cables and/or control rod assemblies.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
There was another thread on this board that listed out the part as Dave has above. I believe the poster on the Sky forum is being a little more cautious than need be as I'd put a paycheck on the cable clips being a standard GM part used on a number of cables and/or control rod assemblies.
I thought Rob the Elder posted a picture of the clips and the part number, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. :dunno:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I went to a GM dealer and showed the guy the peice on the other side.. and he said it looked just like a tailgate clip....so i got one for 8 bucks... and it was the right peice.. You put the clip in the hole then attach the trap door wire took all of about 10 seconds once i had the peice.

Could've paid less at GM parts direct but the want it now factor was kicking in.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here is a picture of what I did when my clips broke.

Drilled a small hole and ran a piece of bailing wire through it (used like a cotter pin).

Did this about a year ago and no problems since.

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
I bought about 12 of the clips 2-3 years ago. They were like 12 cents each. They are orange and not very robust. I have a package at home. I can get you the part number if you wish. They are a stock GM part.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts